Boston Skyline Photos

Not at all and its only growing wider to cambridge/the seaport, and longer out west to fenway. The GCG is going to fill a nice gap to the td garden towers/NST making it one continuous beautiful waterfront skyline.

The back bay does need some filling in though.

The only people who call Boston tiny or small are people from NYC. Compared to NYC every US city is tiny.

I hate when people call Boston "tiny". Does this look like a small city to you?
5001999397_e549c872df_b.jpg

not tiny at all -- and this pic looks like it was pre-MT (and a few other, smaller projects), too.

not tiny at all -- and this pic looks like it was pre-MT (and a few other, smaller projects), too.

Yeah, otherwise you'd see it poking up behind Exchange Place. Speaking of which, does anyone notice how Exchange Place blends into MT because of it's light-blue color. My brother mixes them up constantly.

exchange is bluer (MT appears grey/blue/silver to me), but i guess i could see that, from some angles. i also prefer exchange place (wish it was taller!)

The only people who call Boston tiny or small are people from NYC. Compared to NYC every US city is tiny.

A lot of the tiny impression of Boston comes from the GC and West End areas being wiped out in the early 1960's, replaced with empty and anonymous tracts. Kind of like parts of a human brain dying.

exchange is bluer (MT appears grey/blue/silver to me), but i guess i could see that, from some angles. i also prefer exchange place (wish it was taller!)

Exchange place looks great at sunset. Almost like a mass of suspended water hanging in the sky.

5001999397_e549c872df_b.jpg

I could have sworn you stole my pic but it looks like that isn't the case. Eerily similar lighting and framing!!! Obviously the cloudy vs cloudless sky eventually gives it away.

IMG_5424 by David Z, on Flickr

I could have sworn you stole my pic but it looks like that isn't the case. Eerily similar lighting and framing!!! Obviously the cloudy vs cloudless sky eventually gives it away.

IMG_5424 by David Z, on Flickr

I must confess that this wasn't my photo-I found it on the internet. But those photos are interesting because their are some things that look like they would be to much to be a coincidence, such as the shadows cast from buildings onto one another, but also giveaways, such as cranes and clouds and stuff. It might be photoshopped.

Great shot, BTW.

It's the latest turd known as 888 Boylston St/ exacerbating our already unedifying 250~300' wall of turd towers in Back Bay. Should have been done 60% as wide, and maybe 2.0~2.5X higher. Another parcel squandered, urban planning cast to the winds ....and we're stuck with it.

I think this has to do more with land size than the actual skyline or at least that's what I'm hearing from my friends which makes sense. They're comparing Boston to cities like Los Angeles, New York City, Atlanta, and Philadelphia where you can travel for 45 minutes in one direction and still be within the city limit. They also pointed out that San Francisco is considered tiny as well.

It does boggle my mind a lot, being from Boston, that I can drive in Los Angeles on the highway for like an hour and still be inside the city. Same with driving from the edge of Queens to Manhattan.

It does boggle my mind a lot, being from Boston, that I can drive in Los Angeles on the highway for like an hour and still be inside the city. Same with driving from the edge of Queens to Manhattan.

My favorite representation of this is the LA Marathon. The Boston Marathon starts way out in a distant suburb and finishes "downtown" at Copley, about a mile and a half from the coast. The LA Marathon starts downtown, heads west through the city, and finishes at the coast.

LA is big enough that you can run an entire marathon from downtown to Santa Monica.

I think this has to do more with land size than the actual skyline or at least that's what I'm hearing from my friends which makes sense. They're comparing Boston to cities like Los Angeles, New York City, Atlanta, and Philadelphia where you can travel for 45 minutes in one direction and still be within the city limit. They also pointed out that San Francisco is considered tiny as well.

Good point. I think that the fact that it is small in size is a good thing, because it makes Boston walkable. The population is reasonably big, though nothing like NYC or LA. The city feels much bigger than it is, and has a downtown more akin to Philadelphia or Dallas.

For Example, here is Boston's Downtown, Population 667,00
w-boston-condos.jpg

And here is El Paso's downtown, Population 681,000
El_Paso_Skyline2.jpg

i know El Paso pretty well, Anthony to Horizon City covers about 48 miles of mile markers give or take. It's one srsly giant desert town with run of the mill suburban density..... It also has some the most horrendous duststorms you've ever seen, sandblasting even the plantlife down to the nub.

Just noticed this. What do those letters in the top right on the mountain say?

Back