6235339656_aeb6c07af2_b.jpg

6235339152_4d8171ca4c_b.jpg

Re: Boston Tea Party Museum

A couple shots from today too:

boston6.JPG

boston7.JPG

boston8.JPG

Yes very nice,had'nt been over there in a while.

I would have preferred something ultra modern in glass and copper, but hey, it's superior to what was there before. I think with the three ships in place and flags flying, it will be a decent tourist attraction. Maybe I'll buy all my tea there to help support the place.

When it comes to Boston historical sites (even ones like this that are no where near where the event took place), I never want to see "modern".

This is a destination about history, and people want it to reflect that history as best as possible. I have had so many tourists ask me where the Tea Party is over the years. These travelers I think would be really disappointed to find some odd shaped glass structure with LEDs all over. Also, 3 revolutionary war era ships docked adjacent to some spaceship would seem ridiculous.

Opinion.

When it comes to Boston historical sites (even ones like this that are no where near where the event took place), I never want to see "modern".

This is a destination about history, and people want it to reflect that history as best as possible. I have had so many tourists ask me where the Tea Party is over the years. These travelers I think would be really disappointed to find some odd shaped glass structure with LEDs all over. Also, 3 revolutionary war era ships docked adjacent to some spaceship would seem ridiculous.

Opinion.

Seamus -- Hear Hear !!

I would say Huzzah as well -- except its not moderne enough for the always glass, steel and concrete crowd

I would have preferred a bit closer to a traditional 18th century Bullfinch wharf building -- but the current one will look good with the ships tied to the pier

love the weather vane -- its an homage to the grasshopper at Faneuil Hall and the Giant Tea Kettle at the Strabucks in the Sears Block"

Current state:

FTPSw.jpg

I think it would be cool if they made this stretched between Summer St and Congress St bridges, allowing access from either, as well as a neat pedestrianway.

I think it would be cool if they made this stretched between Summer St and Congress St bridges, allowing access from either, as well as a neat pedestrianway.

With shops and places to get a cup of chowder or lobster roll.

Interesting ideas. Mumbles would never allow it, because then the Channel would then be more interesting and alive than the Greenway...

Henry -- the place to get the cup of chowder or lobster roll is included in the Tea Party Museum building with its gift shop

Interesting ideas. Mumbles would never allow it, because then the Channel would then be more interesting and alive than the Greenway...

But redundant

If you want to fix something in the Fort Point Channel -- come up with a viable and cost effective way to fix the old Northern Ave Bridge as a pedestrian path and still let the boats through

Where was this idea a year ago? Or 5?

I like it.

Back