Boylston West @ Fenway Triangle (Van Ness) | 1325 Boylston Street | Fenway

Re: 1325-1341 Boylston St (Fenway Triangle/Former Goodyear Tire)

Goodyear? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Not to nitpick, but a lot of those shows are actually set entirely in Canada. House Hunters isn't, but it's also totally faked and scripted. Rest assured that however Americans may think, it probably isn't like that, I guess... :)

Thank you. I had my suspicions. I was pretty sure I heard nothing but Canadian accents on there.

Demo complete. Time to start working on the foundation. How soon until the Target opens?

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/r....html?ana=e_du_pub&s=article_du&ed=2013-01-09

Also, can anyone find the most recent site plan? It seems that the one earlier in the thread is no longer on the BRA site.

Edit:
Found the below on the developers site - not exactly what I was looking for, but close:

http://www.samuelsre.com/download/131_boylston_west_flyer_may2012_web.pdf

This is great news! Hopefully the gap between the demolition phase and the construction phase is a short one.

This is a great looking project. Good for Boston.

Demo complete. Time to start working on the foundation. How soon until the Target opens?

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/r....html?ana=e_du_pub&s=article_du&ed=2013-01-09

Also, can anyone find the most recent site plan? It seems that the one earlier in the thread is no longer on the BRA site.

Edit:
Found the below on the developers site - not exactly what I was looking for, but close:

Goodyear Tire, Subway and the Fenway Car Wash have been razed for Boylston West.

The Subway is not part of the site and is still standing.

^ that and tasty burger will be razed for a later project. Good to see both this and the Abbey Group project moving. Hopefully they create a nice steady flow of projects for the rest of the decade. There are a good amount of quality sites here.

Also, Samuels does a great job-especially if you look at their peers- of creating a diverse streetscape. Look at Trilogy or 1330. There is a new door every 25 feet with a variety of tenants. Necessary utilities and access are there, but not dominating. Hopefully this continues throughout all the area projects.

^ I hope Tasty Burger is already signed to be a tenant in the new building!

Edit:

Wow, that plan on the PDF is awesome. It's the straight-from-Revit line drawing PDF export (not an image), so you can zoom in and see the plans in crystal-clear detail. It's so great to see all the retail that wraps this ENTIRE building!

^ that and tasty burger will be razed for a later project. Good to see both this and the Abbey Group project moving. Hopefully they create a nice steady flow of projects for the rest of the decade. There are a good amount of quality sites here.

Also, Samuels does a great job-especially if you look at their peers- of creating a diverse streetscape. Look at Trilogy or 1330. There is a new door every 25 feet with a variety of tenants. Necessary utilities and access are there, but not dominating. Hopefully this continues throughout all the area projects.

I agree! The interaction between Trilogy and the Landmark Center on Brookline Ave. is really great, especially for a new development. There is such a diversity of businesses in that block - Coffee Shop, Ice Cream Shop, Furniture Retailer, couple of restaurants of varying price ranges, cleaners, cinema, art supply store - it really brings people of varying interests and backgrounds together in a way that good cities should strive for.

Wow, that plan on the PDF is awesome. It's the straight-from-Revit line drawing PDF export (not an image), so you can zoom in and see the plans in crystal-clear detail. It's so great to see all the retail that wraps this ENTIRE building!

Agreed, the sheer number of retail entrances should be good for this building - hope the parking garage entrance and loading dock entrance/exits on the new street don't give this building an ugly face on the Subway side.

This is the kind of stuff the Seaport / Fan Pier area needs.

They should have front-loaded the retail on Boylston, actually. Will shops do well on Van Ness? I see it being harder to rent. And while this is progress over what's typically being built in Boston, a block needs way more entrances than this to be truly lively.

They should have front-loaded the retail on Boylston, actually. Will shops do well on Van Ness? I see it being harder to rent. And while this is progress over what's typically being built in Boston, a block needs way more entrances than this to be truly lively.

I thought this at first, but then I remembered that Yard House's patio faces out on Van Ness. I was down there for a game and that alone enlivened the wasteland of a street a bit. There were also a surprising amount of people mulling around the backside of Fenway.

I think that with this, and especially the project next door at Tasty Burger the entire feel of Van Ness will morph into a much more pedestrian friendly street. The developer seems committed to activating every part of the building they possibly can. Did anyone notice the 467sq/ft retail space between loading dock doors on the service street? Trilogy also has a similar space.

What's the project next door at tasty Burger? Does that have it's own thread on here already?

I think this area is really benefiting from the fact that Samuel's owns so much of it. So he's invested to build high-quality, neighborhood-improving developments in the earlier phases in order to raise the value of the later phases.
Not sure why that hasn't occurred in the Seaport.

What's the project next door at tasty Burger? Does that have it's own thread on here already?

Nothing's been formally announced or submitted to the BRA yet. I imagine they'll wait until Boylston West is completed, just as those plans were announced around the completion of 1330 Boylston.

I think this area is really benefiting from the fact that Samuel's owns so much of it. So he's invested to build high-quality, neighborhood-improving developments in the earlier phases in order to raise the value of the later phases.
Not sure why that hasn't occurred in the Seaport.

Not only that, but they appear to be of higher caliber design-wise each iteration.

Did anyone notice the 467sq/ft retail space between loading dock doors on the service street? Trilogy also has a similar space.
Yes, I did notice it after a few minutes. It's a very awkward space, but I suppose it would work fine for a tiny shop or food joint. Still, major brownie points just for the effort of putting retail there! That easily could have been gobbled up by service space.

Back