Boylston West @ Fenway Triangle (Van Ness) | 1325 Boylston Street | Fenway

Re: 1325-1341 Boylston St (Fenway Triangle/Former Goodyear Tire)

What are they doing to the park/grass area across the street?

I hope improved street lighting for that area is in the works.

He said they are also carefully monitoring levels of the materials. While smelly, the materials do not pose a health risk at these levels.

I'm glad that it's supposedly not a health risk. I bike by here often on my way to work, and I've been noticing the horrible smell.

I'm glad that it's supposedly not a health risk. I bike by here often on my way to work, and I've been noticing the horrible smell.

My husband works at the Yard House and he said that the smell is just sickening. It's not necessarily a health risk, but definitely stomach-turning.

What are they doing to the park/grass area across the street?

I hope improved street lighting for that area is in the works.

0206_muddy-river.jpg

http://www.nae.usace.army.mil/Missions/ProjectsTopics/MuddyRiver.aspx
http://www.nae.usace.army.mil/Portals/74/docs/Topics/MuddyRiver/ConstructionActivitiesApril2013.pdf

Holy fucking shit.

Does that show a stoplight on Storrow? I wonder how that will effect the flow of traffic. I'm all for this but Im curious what this intersection will be like during a BU or Sox game.

Storrow? I don't think this is Storrow Drive, and the traffic light in the lower right corner (if that is what you are referring to) has always been there.

Are we looking towards Longwood in that rendering? Tough to tell what's going on with the Grateful Dead-inspired sky bursting at the seams.

mrrprendering.jpg

The Muddy River will be restored as it was prior to the 1950s road invasions with a few modifications for current traffic volumes and safety standards. I had to listen to my civil engineer son wax about this project for a decade.

oh, this is in front of the (old) Sears/Landmark building. I was confused for a moment.

I don't understand this picture at all. Where is the Landmark Center, for instance?

Er...it's drawn from the perspective of someone in the Landmark Center. The suburban front yard surface lot is represented in the foreground.

I don't understand this picture at all. Where is the Landmark Center, for instance?

This picture is drawn facing away from the Landmark center, as if you were looking out from it. The buildings across the street are Wheelock College's. (I just recognize this because I walk/bike by here quite a bit)

On Google Maps, it's here: https://maps.google.com/?ll=42.344156,-71.103046&spn=0.002324,0.004123&t=h&z=19 The water in the center of the picture would go on that dirt patch with the diagonal path.

I'm curious about that article referring to sulfur as organic, but whatever (there are organic compounds that include sulfur). As for the health risk, almost none. Relatives have a vacation home in Florida, where the well water reeks of sulfur. Perfectly safe for them to drink, but ugh. Don't see how they manage to use that to shower with...

Those intersections look as big as parking lots.

Those intersections look as big as parking lots.

I thought it was a skating rink.

Someone really needs to redraw that.

Here's yet another huge, almost block-sized pit, though not quite as big as the pit over on Binney Street in Cambridge. Pictures don't do the vastness justice.

8734534258_1348e1f53b_b.jpg

8733419007_2c2a485e0d_b.jpg

Last edited:

That pit looks pretty f-ing big to me! Did the digging at this site accelerate recently? Seems like whammo! there is a huge hole in the ground.

Back