BU Development Thread

Re: New BU Tower

The bedrooms in the original Student Village building are this small as well but the common area is pretty spacious. I'm sure these units are going to be very popular.

These are exactly the size of my college dorms that were built post-2000. Except I've seen bigger common rooms. I'm pretty sure thats standard for college dorms these days

Yeah, I've been inside, but never actually lived at Emerson's dorms, and the rooms in this building look identical in size. Some of the suites might actually use that crazy-but-good 70s tile in the bathrooms as well. I can't remember right now.

saturday
044-2.jpg

I dont remember where I was sticking these, BU property

IMG_8747.jpg

If it weren't for the trolley tracks that could be LA.

Huh, if you squint you can see what looks to be a new addition to one of those annoying one-story retail joints. I seem to remember a thread or snippet of a thread about this project. Anyway, from this vantage point it looks predictably dismal. Yay!

Huh, if you squint you can see what looks to be a new addition to one of those annoying one-story retail joints. I seem to remember a thread or snippet of a thread about this project. Anyway, from this vantage point it looks predictably dismal. Yay!

Yeah, that was actually the point of the picture, but my camera has weak zoom.

I dont remember where those pictures where being stuck. The addition is to a BU owned building, but its not academic.

I've been posting updates on that project in the Allston-Brighton thread.... here's the latest post

this morning from the storrow dr. on ramp at Fenway
086-3.jpg

Definitely a tip of the hat to the law tower.

It's like Kiev with tail fins.

I love that area of BU. What are the status of the other dorm tower proposal? (wasn't there a few more?)

wow
Time since initial planning process: 3? years

Stories-wise, it is half the height of the Prudential, but does anyone know what it's height in feet is, or is it truly 375ft tall?

KentXie said:
I love that area of BU. What are the status of the other dorm tower proposal?

Per the Globe 10/1/2008:
BU head calls for hiring freeze

"Boston University President Robert A. Brown last night called for an immediate hiring freeze and a moratorium on all construction projects that are not already underway in a clear sign that the nation's credit and banking crisis has penetrated the walls of academia."

Also, I love the girls in that area of BU, but not the buildings. Those are mundane at best.

Back