BU Development Thread

Very nice!

So, for reference here is the approved master plan for BU:

h_BU-IMP-Map.jpg

Stuvi 3 (Project AA) is going to be basically a tower that is between the heights of StuVi 2 (the taller one) and StuVi 1 (the shorter two towers). It will also be oriented sideways behind Agganis and built on a pedestal where the current parking lot is. See this image for reference on the parking lot.

Here's the rough massing sketch that I made:
J5MKxRk.jpg

The only other non-public rendering is building "CC" in the old BK lot, or the Campus Trolley parking lot. Here's another massing sketch, looking toward the river:
PxxWu75.jpg

It is going to be pretty tall actually. Bear in mind that these sketches are based on renderings/models that I had access to in the past, so the final designs may be updated and changed, but they should be close.

Are there renderings floating around for the "FF" project?

Anyone who says that they like this building but disses Northeastern's East Village residence Hall is a hypocrite!

This is the ugliest thing at BU since Warren Towers.

Wow, that looks sleek and modern! How about they actually build classrooms that aren't in a grungy basement instead.

Sert anyone?

Notsomuch the law tower, but this kinda screams Holyoke Center to me. (Especially if you swapped out that turquoise paneling for crimson).

Former Hillel House renovation / conversion to Admissions Reception is now complete:

edit12.jpg

For a second, I thought that was a rendering. Great shot!

I think they did a great job with that project - really activated the pedestrian areas and rehabed a very unique building. One of maybe three "steamship modern" buildings in the region.

Back