Bulfinch Crossing | Congress Street Garage | West End

Re: Congress Street Garage Development

They already barked, and Hym already scaled it back before it was APPROVED. So boo hoo.

These people can go fuck themselves.

What they're really saying is 'Hey new guy, we don't like all that stuff the BRA approved before Menino left, so can you please reject all stuff 'cause towers are bad.'

It irks me to no end how these people mask their height fears with trying to tell city planners and experts what smart development is.

What they're really saying is 'Hey new guy, we don't like all that stuff the BRA approved before Menino left, so can you please reject all stuff 'cause towers are bad.'

It irks me to no end how these people mask their height fears with trying to tell city planners and experts what smart development is.

I smell a lawsuit to delay this thing for a few years. :mad:

I doubt it. There's nothing illegal or contract breaking that is happening here. It's all opinion, and it certainly doesn't help when they claim that all approved projects need to be looked at.

I doubt it. There's nothing illegal or contract breaking that is happening here. It's all opinion, and it certainly doesn't help when they claim that all approved projects need to be looked at.

Agreed, but there always seems to be some Nimby with deep enough pockets to file a frivolous lawsuit to delay a project with the hopes that the delay will jeopardize the finances of a project. It's usually their Hail Mary play.

A tree grows on Government Center Garage

Construction is not expected to commence until next year on “One Congress,” the $2.2 billion redevelopment of the Government Center Garage, but in the meantime you can enjoy a 120-foot high mural of a sequoia tree on the Merrimac Street side of the facility.

O’Brien’s 2.3 million-square-foot development on Congress Street calls for 1.2 million square feet of office space, 755 apartments, 57 condominiums, 196 hotel rooms, 82,500 square feet of retail and 1,159 parking spaces from the remaining portion of the existing 11-story, 2,310 space parking garage. The phased project will cover two city blocks with six buildings, ranging from 60 to 528 feet high.

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/real_estate/2014/05/a-tree-grows-on-government-center-garage.html

Last edited:

I was actually wondering/lamenting why they painted a mural on the garage the other day. It was a sure sign that the Garage is here to stay at least in the short term.

crazy pano's showing the future when this comes down?

Last edited:

Is that a (relatively) free-flowing, organic massing on a Boston skyscraper? Am I dreaming?

Cool!

At this height, how visible will it be from the west?

Erm, what are those two tall structures standing directly behind it with the setbacks? Or are they part of the tower itself?

Edit: Actually I think I found the answer. Judging by the angle, those two towers are the Aquarium Towers.

So is the BRA room open to the public? Can I just go in to take a photo such as that?

Wasn't expecting to see that. I will be positively skeptical about it.

Those are not Aquraium towers in the back. I'm not sure what proposed development that is, but it is closer to CC Park.

I like how the Custom House tower looks like a squished version of Seattle's Smith Tower.

fc40df96-541a-4e4d-96e2-900b99646dbc_zps1115c51b.jpg

smith_tower.jpg

Is this project happening?

Is this project happening?

Searching for something completly related, I stumbled on this.
haymarket.jpg

Back