Bulfinch Crossing | Congress Street Garage | West End

Re: Congress Street Garage Development | West End

Based on a quick review of the PNF, I don't think so.

garage will be taken down once the office tower starts construction, which according to the globe wont be until they find a major tenant. so - does that mean that if they find a tenant soon that both towers could go up together?

Why not GE?

HYM actually mentioned (indirectly, without mentioning the company) they are pursuing GE last night in an off-the-cuff remark. Don't think it was too serious, as GE is looking for "innovation space" in the Seaport.

According to everything that Walsh, Baker, and the company itself has said, GE is 100% set on the Seaport.

nothing is 100%. All it takes is a good deal maker to change their mind.

The project fact sheet on the project website (just posted) indicates Phase I will start in spring 2016, so we may not have to wait too long for the action to start.

Phase 1 is residential correct?

Edit: nvm missed the post at the top of this page.

22650549798_57e8dbdf9c_c.jpg
Do I read this correctly?
"Phase 1" is the two towers on the west/uphill side of Congress,
Pelli tower on the New Chardon side
Residential on the Sudbury side
(and when does the "base block" get done/redone?)

Phase 2 is the shorter "pyramidal" on the east/harbor/downhill side?

Do I read this correctly?
"Phase 1" is the two towers on the west/uphill side of Congress,
Pelli tower on the New Chardon side
Residential on the Sudbury side
(and when does the "base block" get done/redone?)

Phase 2 is the shorter "pyramidal" on the east/harbor/downhill side?

Correct.

Well this is just incredible. We are always complaining (rightfully so) that Boston always delivers nice proposals, then scales back, community outrage, drawing boards, and ultimately delivers extremely watered down anywhere usa budget towers. This changes that right now. Yes millennium tower is a nice step forward and I am extremely pleased with it, but at the end of the day it is a tastefully done glass box. This project is no joke. Now is when things change, from this point out developers have a much higher baseline to compete against to stand out. Not to mention we have a shit ton of garages around the city *cough winthrop, and this shows that you can do it and do it right. As far as I am concerned the "boom" warmed up with millennium and is now on cocaine, redbull, and is on an out of control spiral into greatness. This building boom was the largest in history, and it has been great, but for the most part that was because of the seaport and tons of smaller scale filler. Boston is about to permanently change from mediocre to greatness and there is no going back from here. In 5 years the talk about Boston having a mediocre skyline is going to be written in history books and only seen in old pictures.

SkylineImageWPB1ResANDWPB2Office-CroppedandZoomed.A.jpg

I should also note: No one spoke in opposition.

Is there a website for this project? (or one for each tower?) There are a lot of undated schematics floating around out there, like this one from today's Metro.us story:
Tom-Palmer-Communication4.jpeg

This is like our miniature Hudson Yard.

Is there a website for this project? (or one for each tower?) There are a lot of undated schematics floating around out there, like this one from today's Metro.us story:

As far as I know that picture you posted is up to date. Not sure if this is what you are looking for but I can offer you this:

Residential:http://www.bostonredevelopmentauthority.org/getattachment/f993e1a3-1211-4c4b-9aa6-b95b6617c466
Office: http://www.bostonredevelopmentauthority.org/getattachment/cd01e527-ddc9-498a-909d-2c61c746960e

I also ripped and hosted this screenshot from the BRA documents showing a wider perspective.

Equipment and messiness at the entrance to the garage this morning ... is that the beginning of work? I ride past it every day on my way out to Northpoint so I can monitor...

Equipment and messiness at the entrance to the garage this morning ... is that the beginning of work? I ride past it every day on my way out to Northpoint so I can monitor...

They have been doing enabling work in the garage (including the ramp reconfiguration) ever since the enabling work was approved. Enabling will continue on schedule and demo of the garage should begin around March. That will take a good half year or so to cut out a chunk of the garage to fit the tower in. Tower construction is expected in a year or so.

See http://www.archboston.org/community/showpost.php?p=251434&postcount=1841

Apparently there are some lead items that need to be accomplished before construction can commence. What you are seeing is likely that.

EDIT: Dammit data...you are too fast.

Tear down the lowrise portion of the JFK and build more cool stuff.

Tear down the lowrise portion of the JFK and build more cool stuff.

Great Project.

It's a shame that the old city hall building & plaza wont be developed in my life time and im only 32! LOL.

Back