Bulfinch Crossing | Congress Street Garage | West End

Re: Congress Street Garage Development

Sounded like each building has a separate approval process...the renderings are definitely not final.

My only concern with this project is that the developer has mentioned putting up the 480 foot building ASAP and then later tearing down the garage and starting work on the other buildings. We may end up with a large residential building (a great thing) but still have the garage for many years while the developer pines for tax credits or upzoning or more parking or whatever.

This is a very good thing. I must say in the last few years, even given the recession, Boston has stepped up and is really starting to get it's "city" on.

That was awful! ... "get it's city on" ...who are you Michelle Obama?

Michelle Obama has nice arms!!

Well....at least we're getting two 500 ft towers!!!!

The mechanical floor will put the 480' above 500', right?

Cobblestones are TERRIBLE for bikes (and, for that matter, for wheelchairs and shopping carts and strollers). Please no. I invite you to try a bike ride through downtown Nantucket.

You can accommodate wheelchairs at crosswalks.

You can also accommodate bikes

http://gothamist.com/2013/07/11/dumbos_bike-friendly_cobblestone_fu.php

Rather than saying "it shouldn't be done because location A did it wrong" how about "how do we do it better?"

Cobblestones are TERRIBLE for bikes (and, for that matter, for wheelchairs and shopping carts and strollers). Please no. I invite you to try a bike ride through downtown Nantucket.
Forget our wheeled friends...cobblestones are terrible for my feet! We were never meant to walk on cobbles, except in the poorest backwaters...walking surfaces such as sidewalks were made of smooth granite slabs.

cobblestones look good but dey suck when u have 2 walk on dem

Picking up gear at Hilton TC, looking at neighborhood. Hope this begins to clean up the Sudbury/New Chardon mishmash.

Forget our wheeled friends...cobblestones are terrible for my feet! We were never meant to walk on cobbles, except in the poorest backwaters...walking surfaces such as sidewalks were made of smooth granite slabs.

Precisely Padre --- real pavement was always as designed to be as close to flat on the surface as possible --- given the financial realities -- thus if you could you had nice big granite slabs

If you couldn't afford nice big granite -- then you went with well laid brick set in sand

if not brick then the cobbles were always available as they were ballast for the ships heading to Boston from England

If not cobbles then mud, sand and gravel tamped down as best you could

Asphalt came along quite a bit later -- when oil was discovered in PA

Now we think cobbles are quaint -- although brick is chic ?

Ugh, only in Brooklyn would you find "bike friendly" cobblestone. I will say that riding through the Meatpacking cobble on my bike is a huge suckfest.

Also, obviously none of you have heard of the famous Paris-Roubaix road race:

afpparis-roubaix-for-web.jpg

You can accommodate wheelchairs at crosswalks.

You can also accommodate bikes

http://gothamist.com/2013/07/11/dumbos_bike-friendly_cobblestone_fu.php

Rather than saying "it shouldn't be done because location A did it wrong" how about "how do we do it better?"

Michelle Obama has nice arms!!

Well....at least we're getting two 500 ft towers!!!!

The mechanical floor will put the 480' above 500', right?

Pits -- does that reference to two 500'ers have some reference to the First Lady? -- thus goes some of our thinking?

Where did that pic come from? The additions will look nice! Wish the TD towers were included though.

When is this project starting again???

^I think those boxes near the Zakim bridge are the Garden towers. I thought they were taller!?

That after-shot must be old as it showing the proposed massing for the Garden Towers back when they were planned to be 400 feet tall.

I am sure that the CG Towers would look different now too. Where did you get those pictures?

With the revisions, the tallest Garden tower will be taller then the CSG tower. So it will look different. That said, this fills in the hole nicely.

That render is definitely showing the 600'/470' and not the new 528'/480' towers. On another note, 1 IP looks like the Hancock in that picture.

That's cuz you can see the Pac-Man mouth from that angle on 1IP.

Back