Bulfinch Crossing | Congress Street Garage | West End

Re: Congress Street Garage Development | West End

That rendering just got me very excited, and I've seen it before

^

SkylineImageWPB1ResANDWPB2Office-CroppedandZoomed.A.jpg

^ Thanks...I forgot about seeing that pic! It will definitely stand out as something very different for Boston. Classy but modern, it will look great during the day, and even better at night.

^ Thanks...I forgot about seeing that pic! It will definitely stand out as something very different for Boston. Classy but modern, it will look great during the day, and even better at night.

Yes, but lets be honest with ourselves. Unless they pull a Liberty Mutual, and leave their lights on all night on all floors - this rendering will not fully be realized. Maybe during the winter when it gets dark out at 4:30, but unless they add some decorative lighting, I doubt this will ever be completely lit up like this.

Also, I wonder what is going to be exposed at the crown for structure. Hopefully it is paneled on both sides to keep that smooth look. Otherwise there would be some added detail that is currently washed out with light.

According to what has been posted they plan on having decorative lighting on the crown and running up the curving edge of the building. Or at least it sounds like they plan on that.

Also, this thing is going to be really fat from the side. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing (still has a great personality...)

Yeah, fat buildings need love, too!

I'm excited about the office building...but it's not going to become reality for at least 10 years of ever so...maybe let's not talk about it until they get a tenant.

:eek:
Also, this thing is going to be really fat from the side. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing (still has a great personality...)

Understated... if Curbed and the Globe were our only source, we'd be dreaming about a sleek toilet paper roll. i love it. But this thing is fat, basically enormous, and synonomously humongous. The West Enders will be pulling their hair out when this massive stub rises. Their views will be reduced to reprehensible levels by the GCG tower/s, TDG Towers and GG.

of course, i have no sympathy for them after they killed the 600' TD tower.

Last edited:

there's a full skyline version of this on the pdf....

the 2 towers' actual size have been reduced by ~15% for obvious reasons.

i'll see about loading photoshop and fixing it.

I'm excited about the office building...but it's not going to become reality for at least 10 years of ever so...maybe let's not talk about it until they get a tenant.

i've returned to wonder if a few of our older office buildings wouldn't be better off converted to Condo's, and perhaps creating market demand for the TD Garden and GCG tower/s.

Last edited:

You guys can open the PDF and view this for yourself, instead of making assumptions. Pretty much everything people have been speculating on is in there.

corrected to ~actual height...

Last edited:

Would be nice if they could just build this on spec.

bE65jZH.jpg

I love the skyline: Still would like a better understanding of the groundfloor/Streetscape:

I'm still not sold on keeping half the garage incorporated into the development.
But I do understand that economics comes in play.

I love the skyline: Still would like a better understanding of the groundfloor/Streetscape:

I'm still not sold on keeping half the garage incorporated into the development.

^Remember the day when that garage was deemed "structurally deficient"? (back in the late 70's or early 80's) (?) Then they "reinforced things", and actually ADDED office space on top!......well, maybe when they tear half of it down for the current project, it becomes "structurally deficient" again, and they'll have to scrap the idea of incorporating it into the new project.

Click on this link and just let the slideshow play and your questions will be answered.

http://www.governmentcentergarageredevelopment.com

The towers at first were place holders but a few renders have the new towers. Just imagine when you watch this that the new towers are in the spots of the place holders and it will all make sense.

Back