Bulfinch Crossing | Congress Street Garage | West End

Re: Congress Street Garage Development

I sent a letter. I will post the response as soon as I get it.

I think I've been had.

TheRifleman has a new perspective about life. And also alot more respect for board members.

BE HAPPY EVERYBODY. I actually thought FAN PIER development is looking great from my office view.

anyone going?

Please be advised that there will be a Government Center Garage Redevelopment Project Impact Advisory Group (?IAG?) Working Session Meeting on Wednesday, May 27, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM, at the Boston Redevelopment Authority, 9th Floor of City Hall, BRA Board Room (Please note that after 5:30PM, you can only enter/exit City Hall from Congress Street).

Agenda:
? The discussion will focus on the MBTA transit system?s capacity.
? A portion of the meeting will be held in the BRA?s model room in order to view a model of the Proposed Project, which will be placed in the BRA?s model of the City.

All members of the community and media are welcome to attend IAG Meetings.

If you have never seen the model of the city, it's worth it just for that.

They actually have a scale model of the city? That's awesome.

Although, hopefully they'll copy SF and make a digital model...

I've only seen it from outside the room but it's pretty sweet. It is just of downtown though, and the Back Bay and SBW... you know, the only parts of the city that matter.

Can't make it there tomorrow, but hopefully someone from here does and will ninja-snap some pics with their phone and post them.

It really is awesome. When the TNP dream was still in full-effect I went there and checked out the model. It looked great. When I was there they had a model with SST and TNP in the downtown skyline (at least I think it did, maybe I was dreaming again), and it looked awesome. If that skyline had become reality, Boston would have been one of the top skylines in the country.

You should definitely go check it out whenever you get the chance.

Is anyone making it to the meeting tonight? I would try to make it, but I'm in the final stretch of studying for the CFA Exam on June 6th, and I'm also recording the Champions League final haha.

I'm gonna to try be there, but will likely be late.

I wonder who will be "representing" the T. Anyone have insights on this?

I've only seen it from outside the room but it's pretty sweet. It is just of downtown though, and the Back Bay and SBW... you know, the only parts of the city that matter.
I know I've posted this before!
304.jpg

New buildings are in a lighter shade.

Planning on arriving close to 6PM. Who else is in?

Looking at the city from that angle you can see how the new North End parks act as a gateway into the rest of the city. Having the new towers behind them will just add to the experience walking down Hanover St.

PaulC, Shirley, and I are in the house. Anyone else? Sorry, no pix from the map room. NB: they used massing models for the presentation, not the Cook & Fox designs. T discussion under way.

Fan Pier looks good, if they ever actually build all of that. Is that supposed to be TNP in the middle, and SST off to the left a little bit?

^ Does anyone know what building is WAY in the back of that picture to the right of the Pru? Looks like the old SST but not sure.

Wow, I think that is the old SST. It isn't Boylston Sq I don't think. I'm sure they have tons of old models in their collection.

It is the old SST, funny we had the same exact conversation the last time I posted this pix! I think on the TNP tower thread,about a year ago.

funny, no mention of this at the meeting:
RA says high-rise project should include a school
May 27, 2009 07:51 PMEmail| Comments (0)| Text size ? +
Boston officials have directed the company that proposes to redevelop the hulking Government Center garage as a pair of skyscrapers to study building a K-8 school as part of the $2.2 billion project.

In an initial response to the proposal, the Boston Redevelopment Authority told Raymond Property Co. to consider devoting up to 97,000 square feet to a school.

BRA officials also asked Raymond to consider design changes to differentiate the proposed office towers, which would be 42 and 52 stories tall.

The property straddles Congress Street along the Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Greenway.

The development would also include residences, a hotel, and stores.

The BRA?s response indicated Raymond would have to build a new police station and relocate social service agencies to win approval to build part of the project on city-owned land. Under current plans, Raymond wants to build the larger tower on city property.

Raymond Property Co.?s statement called the project an opportunity ??to take down this eyesore and build a great new addition to the area.??

Thorough review and community input ??will only serve to strengthen our proposal,?? the company said.
(By Casey Ross, Globe staff)
http://www.boston.com/business/ticker/2009/05/bra_says_highri.html

In an initial response to the proposal, the Boston Redevelopment Authority told Raymond Property Co. to consider devoting up to 97,000 square feet to a school.
BRA officials also asked Raymond to consider design changes to differentiate the proposed office towers, which would be 42 and 52 stories tall.

I think those are both reasonable requests. I like the designs but I don't think they need to be so similar. Plus we all know they are going to be redesigned (read: value engineered) anyway so why not change it up.

Back