Cambria Hotel | 6 West Broadway | South Boston

Re: Six West Broadway Hotel |South Boston

An entrance to the Red Line from that side of the street would have been nice.

So close to 1 Financial Center, and yet the walk between the two buildings is absolutely miserable. Of all the impassable dead zones created by highways/tracks/landscrapers in Boston, there's no question that the one from Kneeland to Andrew is the worst. It's one giant gash in the heart of the city and Boston would feel drastically bigger if it was filled in.

^ I think they should do the exact opposite and bring the fort point channel back to its former "glory". Lol aka restore it as far and as wide as they can then build along it. Then re-open Dorchester ave when they get rid of the USPS and that walk is much easier and a waterfront walk. One can dream...

this City doesn't have enough rad shytte for kids.

The end of Ft Point Channel should be a frigging wave pool.

drysuits.... to boardshorts and big airs. $25/ wave rtfm.

Kids 1/2 price.

Sponsor an inner-city surfer and he'll stay in school so he can surf Cape Verde.

It's strange. I like various parts of this building but as a whole I'm not sure it really works. It isn't bad and far better than most things going up these days. But it leaves me unsatisfied. I feel like with a few tweaks it would be nicer.

Good architecture or not, this thing is ugly.

Luckily, taste is highly subjective.

Does the intersection of Broadway/Dorchester/Traveler have a name? This is really turning into a proper square and deserves proper designation.

Does the intersection of Broadway/Dorchester/Traveler have a name? This is really turning into a proper square and deserves proper designation.

Real estate people have been calling it Broadway Village.

^yuuuuuuuuuck I just barfed up everything in my stomach

I love the proportions on this.

It has a sort of lower-grade Standard Hotel NYC look to it. Not that it is a bad thing. This one has come out nicely.

Back