Cambridge Crossing (NorthPoint) | East Cambridge/Charlestown | Cambridge/Boston

Lots G & H / 26 October 2020

Lot G's work continues on the rooftop HVAC (and other) systems. The anticipated continued late night cladding work has stalled (maybe a materials delay), although other site work begins before 0700 daily.

Lot H steelworkers positioned the first beams for the eleventh floor today

As you can see, I don't have a line of sight to Lot EF (behind Philips/JK), but the last time I walked back there they were adding steel on the sixth floor.

pVhRtGth.jpg

do all these buildings have tenants ? I’m aware of Philips and Sanofi. Are there anymore ?

do all these buildings have tenants ? I’m aware of Philips and Sanofi. Are there anymore ?

JK = Philips, a law firm, a design firm, and at least one independent lab
G = Sanofi
H = Sanofi & Bristol Myers
EF = unnamed client, but the BBJ confirmed that Sage Therapeutics was in talks to lease .25m ft^2
Q1 = unnamed retail
U = unnamed lab
W = three restaurants owned by Will Gilson (Cafe Beatrice is open, The Lexington hosted a wedding on Saturday night, and Geppetto will open in the spring); the other "pod" is to be a brewhouse, if I recall...

Apologies for my updates delay. Site images/text below...

Lots G & H / 30 October 2020

Obligatory snow image. Looking spiffy. Yes, Lot H's first tower crane is comically low. By the time it jumped, in the second half of November, the steel was nearly complete (level 12) and at cab level (level 10, see below).

ZVjQ9GUh.jpg

Lot G / 10 November 2020

Topping off! The workers added a tree and flag in the first week of the month, but they removed the assembly quickly to make way for the mechanical crown. Glazing appeared on the first two levels, with the first level taking quite a while (might have been fit issues on the northwest side). Some supplemental concrete work on the southwest side: levels 7-10; fire suppression spraying on levels 12-13. The elevators now continue to the top floors. Preformed concrete cladding is nearly complete on the building's rear.

EyNhRrmh.jpg

Lot H / 10 November 2020

Ride that cab! Unlike most of the other buildings under construction at CX, the north tower crane for H is outside of the building's footprint (so it toys with perspective). Work has continued apace from south to north throughout construction, so that little guy has gotten a good workout of late: essentially adding half of a building in November.

RVTnZPWh.jpg

(Split, and continued, from previous post so as not to muck up page formatting.)

Lot H / 21 November 2020

Crane jump / Topping off! There is a banner, whose message eluded me since it never pointed north, and a tree! (Keep in mind they will move that banner over the coming 10 days ... and it's not really the "top" level.)

WJBDKz1h.jpg

Lot G / 28 November 2020

Top off rouse! As concrete and fire proofing work continued, the cake received an ancillary tier.

x7509oeh.jpg

Lot Q1 / 2 December 2020

Big reveal? *Thud.* Workers removed the opaque fencing last week and no significant work presence has been on site for almost two weeks. Although raw and uncustomized at this point, I think Q1 construction is complete.

wGgOvSNh.jpg

Lot G / 2 December 2020

Not green with envy... Work has accelerated of late, with glazing (stored within the buildings for Lots G & H), cladding, and crown components added daily. It looks to be a clean design, if perhaps blander than the renders. I white balanced the images on a calibrated monitor, so the slight green tint maintains fidelity to some of the CX documents, which show green tinting at on partially sunny days (~5,000K) and on blue sky days (~9,000K+).

Yb3Jbwsh.jpg

Lot G / 2 December 2020

This is not the glazing you're looking for. The device which suspends glass for mounting looks like a droideka from SW. (I haven't mounted a tele to grab an image yet). The white packages are trays of glazing and mounting hardware. Efficient!

Xyoh2y1h.jpg

Lots JK, EF, G, & H / 3 December 2020

Blackout shades needed. The park, as illuminated by the projects therein. Not shown: workers installed Lot EF's lamps through levels 2/3.

Also, please note the second band of cladding at the northwest corner of Lot G: going to be thicc up there.

sUmHJOyh.jpg

Alright - I'm current (and will try not to let 2+ weeks pass sans update next time)!

I use to cross that bridge from BHCC back in ‘07. It was bitter and windswept in the winter. I imagine the noise from the highway and rail must be significantly reduced these days.

Back