Cambridge Crossing (NorthPoint) | East Cambridge/Charlestown | Cambridge/Boston

Park 151
The wood and steel components fit together very well. The wood panels appear to be laminate panels and part of the curtainwall system? I don't see any obvious fasteners or gaps where you would be able to see clips. very well put together. We'll see if the tight fit holds together well when the building begins to settle. In the meantime, very nice lines!

Park 151 Apts (11).JPG
Park 151 Apts (12).JPG

Park 151 Apts (9).JPG
Park 151 Apts (10).JPG

I get a "Mid-Century Revival" vibe from the materials in the first couple of buildings, almost like Charles River Park. The Hult House (Education Building 2) continues the language into the park area.
I'm a big fan of mid-century architecture, and I agree these buildings are influenced by it. Actual mid-century buildings, from the mid-century, are generally more exciting and attractive than these, IMO, but these are still fairly good.

I know there are plans for a building on this parcel but it would be great to see it turned over to the public realm. Something eye-catching like a large statue or a memorial to act as a gateway to Cambridge for those entering from Boston. And it would allow for a more striking view of the elevated Green Line, and Cambridge Crossing behind it, for those approaching from First Street. Think Arc de Triomphe, or the July Column in Bastille, with traffic surrounding it on all sides.

I have to take the opposite opinion. The street grid here ensures that this will never be a pleasant public space to hang around in. With about 7,500 sq ft of buildable space, put a nice little development here with an active ground floor and continue the streetwall up First St to Cambridge Crossing.

I believe the next parcel is the one along the right edge of the last picture.

Quoting your own post ;)

neat link:

Commercial, Residential, and Retail | Cambridge Crossing

can't find one, but the adjacent Parcels R and Q2 are going through the design/review cycle now, so hopefully it (Parcel V) is slated next for development.

Parcel R Design Review

View attachment 29223

Parcel Q2 Wind Study
Parcel Q2 Plans Filed

View attachment 29224

CONSTRUCTION UPDATE - WEEK OF OCTOBER 3, 2022

I believe the next parcel is the one along the right edge of the last picture.

Design packages for Q2 and R have been submitted to the City, whereas L/M and V have not. The one Equilibria mentions is Q2 which (simply based on site observation) seems furtherest along in prep/staging, though they were messing around in R a few weeks ago too (it's been quiet there since though).

EDIT: Ah, when @goldenretrievers said "which parcel is next?" perhaps I misunderstood and they were asking which would get its design submitted next, rather than which would go under construction next. Obviously my comment above refers to the latter.

Last edited:
Definitely a waste of space in that bottom pic adding even more grass when theres already a whole park and other micro parks all throughout this development. They could have built a whole second residential tower and more retail.
my guess is it's there to serve as a walkable "core" of the complex, extending the accessibility/green space from the Charles River. and it also serves as a selling point for the remaining adjacent parcels

my guess is it's there to serve as a walkable "core" of the complex, extending the accessibility/green space from the Charles River. and it also serves as a selling point for the remaining adjacent parcels
Agree. I love that they included a second park area. I believe this one is designed to hold outdoor concerts, too. Should be a very vibrant scene once those smaller retail stores are built in the park.

Agree. I love that they included a second park area. I believe this one is designed to hold outdoor concerts, too. Should be a very vibrant scene once those smaller retail stores are built in the park.
yea, I think it could be great as this is the area the community path ends. Biking down from the Red bridge path to see a concert on a summer evening. Its also where the Grand Junction path will connect.
What seems like a wasteland now will probably become quite a vibrant area thanks to the extra park.

Back