Cambridge Infill and Small Developments

David H. Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research. (Koch = Coke) It is a hard-core "wet lab".

cca

This building is pretty much a middle finger to the Stata Center -- that should stand for something.

Re: Cambridge Developments- Mormon Church

Here's Mormon Church on Binney Street. I like the brickwork except for the giant expansion joints.

Also what do you guys think of having separate threads for the Cambridge projects? I know we have a few separate threads but I think it's tough to throw all of the other projects in one thread.

Front:

Back with the parking garage entrance:

Side shot:

^ Will it have the usual orgy of spires? Will there be a gilded angel at the pinnacle?

How did the brickwork look up close? It looks pretty good from the pictures...

Alewife
076.jpg
077.jpg
090.jpg
092.jpg
095.jpg
096.jpg

My awsum google skills tell me its Discovery Park.

A bland ass office park, complete with TWO new parking structures (see 02124's pics). This despite the fact that Alewife is about 4 tenths of a mile away, the path to which (through "Acorn Park") was created as a part of this very development?

My awsum google skills tell me its Discovery Park.

A bland ass office park, complete with TWO new parking structures (see 02124's pics). This despite the fact that Alewife is about 4 tenths of a mile away, the path to which (through "Acorn Park") was created as a part of this very development?

Actually, considering that Alewife is 100% full at 9am, and the T has no plans to finish the garage (it's built for more floors).....perhaps this isn't such a bad thing.

Advertised properly, the garages could possibly INCREASE red line ridership. I know I wouldnt want to gamble every day that there would be enough space for me at Alewife.

Charge $5 daily (Alewife charges 7), and make the path to the station attractive, well lit and easy to find. Put up a big sign that says "alewife overflow parking $5" and you're in business.

today
111.jpg
garage looks to be almost complete.the steel frame in the back was over 3 floors from what I could see
113.jpg
112.jpg
return trip
114.jpg
115.jpg
117.jpg
119.jpg
120.jpg
121.jpg

I hate this building. It's like a triple decker on steroids.

That church reminds me of where I went to middle school... and that condo is everything wrong with contemporary residential architecture (wood frame).

Back