Cambridge Infill and Small Developments

One thing that's nice is there's a bus stop (served by a plethora of buses that use Rt 2) at the pedestrian overpass, so shitty weather commute to Alewife won't be quite so bad.

AHAHAHAHAHA

Herald had an article today about Johnson & Johnson opening a center in Cambridge, to be led by the former head of the Koch cancer institute. J&J makes it 9 of the top 10 pharma companies to have facilities in MA, only Roche is absent.

What is that pedi bridge even there for? Is there a trail to the Arlington soccer fields?

I was referring to the inbound stop on the other side, which isn't too terrible: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=0221...VlkC_lZYguZMWE4GyfYUQ&cbp=12,170.44,,0,0&z=19

The outbound one is actually some distance away from the bridge (wtf?): https://maps.google.com/maps?q=0221...CCIwVqICP3iV82XE7Q&cbp=12,337.95,,0,7.31&z=19

But the outbound one need not be glamorous anyway, since people would probably only be getting off and walking away, not standing around in wait. I'd definitely stand at that shitty breakdown-lane stop over trudging to Alewife. Then again, this development will probably be for the car folks, anyway.

What is that pedi bridge even there for? Is there a trail to the Arlington soccer fields?

There's no way to get to the fields. At least, not unless you hop over a gaurdrail and possibly run down an embankment. The overpass appears to be entirely for the bus stop (or for people who cross the Alewife Brook Pkwy at Whittemoore St), and that's it.

Herald had an article today about Johnson & Johnson opening a center in Cambridge, to be led by the former head of the Koch cancer institute. J&J makes it 9 of the top 10 pharma companies to have facilities in MA, only Roche is absent.

Wow cool! Any mention of the size of the presence they'll have? Are we talking major size that may require a future development, or will they have a small enough presence to just fit into an existing building (or one of the new ones...I suppose there is already a very high amount of building space coming online in the near future)?

Wow cool! Any mention of the size of the presence they'll have? Are we talking major size that may require a future development, or will they have a small enough presence to just fit into an existing building (or one of the new ones...I suppose there is already a very high amount of building space coming online in the near future)?

No idea. Cambridge is one of four innovation centers J&J is opening world-wide.
However since the director is the former head of Koch Cancer Institute, I doubt it will be a small operation. Is the new Skanska built-on-spec building leased yet?

Sadly Roche will pretty much be absent from the US almost entirely. Although they did talk about a 240 or so transition center or something or other in the Northeast. Still could get em all. Good news of a new neighbor moving in.

No idea. Cambridge is one of four innovation centers J&J is opening world-wide.
However since the director is the former head of Koch Cancer Institute, I doubt it will be a small operation. Is the new Skanska built-on-spec building leased yet?

I'm sure the North building at 610 Main would love a tenant like that....

8290776043_723971852b_b.jpg

Google expansion between Cambridge 5 (on the left) and 3. This view is from Main Street looking east. Cambridge 4 is in the background. Door to the roof garden was locked, so no new shots of the work between 5 and 4.

Google Bridge (Between 3 and 5) 12/23

Foundations are in, but no crane on site. Many signs, on the fence, warning of Asbestos issues.

EF Cambridge 12/23

There's actually been alot of activity, it seems. A month ago, this looked like the Stonehenge, with concrete piles everywhere sticking out of the ground. They must have all been driven into the ground now.

so is this right on the subway tracks? will the new lechmere be elevated or on the ground? Glad to see Northpoint getting back in on the action.

Back