Cambridge Infill and Small Developments

Once the Central Square Cinemas, though (I think) not built for that purpose either.

Yes, good riddance. And it would greatly help in boosting the use of Rhone park as well as hopefully activating some of the redundant open space in nearby University Park. Rhone isn't a terribly attractive place. The trees are small. They will take years to offer real shade and the "historic" design of the fencing is cartoony and silly looking. The reconfiguring of the streetscape here wasted a great opportunity to keep a mid-century gas station that could have been recycled into a restaurant, cafe, or some kind of retail. Probably the station would have been saved had it been a few decades older but there is so little respect for first generation modernism in this area it's preservation was likely never considered.

057_zpse67436bf.jpg
056_zps956b84b2.jpg
055_zps3618a9f3.jpg

The level of development going on in Kendal Sq. right now is simply amazing. I wish every project wasn't crammed into one monolithic general Cambridge thread. It makes them too hard to follow, and fully appreciate.

The level of development going on in Kendal Sq. right now is simply amazing. I wish every project wasn't crammed into one monolithic general Cambridge thread. It makes them too hard to follow, and fully appreciate.

Sorry i got a little lazy last night. I have put 75 Ames and 610 Main in their proper threads.

Gosh, the Google Bridge looks so bulky compared to the Liberty Mutual Bridge which I absolutely love!

Today from 225 Binney

IMG_0404_zps6d55fe98.jpg

IMG_0403_zps24cb123a.jpg

IMG_0402_zpsb77745a4.jpg

IMG_0401_zps69c01297.jpg

IMG_0391_zpsd0ba2d15.jpg

Hopefully when the weather gets better, and the addition of my iphone, I'm hoping to be more active in the picture dept.

I noticed the glass looked a lot less wavy than some other glass curtain walls I've seen lately. It does look pretty good.

Today from 225 Binney

IMG_0404_zps6d55fe98.jpg

Looks like the same glass that's on the building by the Children's Museum (which has the walkway next to the channel). I would like to see some taller buildings with such high quality cladding.

The dark Hunneman building (the one that sank into the channel and got rebuilt?)

Back