Cambridge Infill and Small Developments

Steel going up at 450 Kendall:
z6W6RqO.jpg

^ What is that?

Cambridge has a lot of activity going on and I walk by this every day.

Best,

Matt

Here's another shot (xpost from the photo of the day thread) from Jan 1

5rqNxcU.jpg

Long time lurker first time poster.

Here's the condos going up on the old Taco Bell / KFC site (Prospect and Hampshire).

FhiqBZh.jpg

Long time lurker first time poster.

Here's the condos going up on the old Taco Bell / KFC site (Prospect and Hampshire).

FhiqBZh.jpg

Awesome! Do you have any info on exactly what is being built?

Nooooo not my beloved KFC! Back in the old college days I did my part to keep it open by going there a half dozen times per year. So many fond memories of sitting on those pink and teal hard plastic seats as I love/hate myself. Mmmmmmm trans fatty chicken grease.....

450 Kendall has 4 floors of steel. Really slapping it up there. Sorry no picture.

Looks like a fine project, but this space could definitely have supported retail if they were going to try to amend zoning anyway.

450 Kendall has 4 floors of steel. Really slapping it up there. Sorry no picture.

I took a picture while doing my laundry earlier. Sorry for the crappy quality (from my phone, and not the best lighting / weather).

Progress on the Taco Bell Condos (Inman Square / Hampshire and Prospect):

RHZiV0D.jpg

Well there's a concept: Imagine Yum! Brands, Inc (owner of Taco Bell) went full Pergament and started turning their undoubted massive land holdings of fast food properties into mixed use developments...with Pizza Bell/Taco Hut/KFC on the ground floor.

I'm not sure Yum!'s "Is it animal, vegetable, or mineral?" injection-mold mystery ingredient that makes up their taco meat paste, chicken white meat, and pizza dough is necessarily going to sway my upscale living preferences. I mean...have you ever seen on of those Kentucky Taco Pizza Fried Chicken Bell Hut combo kiosks at a rest stop or university student union with the common kitchen serving each food group? It's really kind of unnerving.

That would be like having a Soylent Green dispensary in your ground floor. Hold onto your kids' hands tight every time you come through the front lobby.

Back