Canopy by Hilton (née Haymarket Hotel) | Blackstone St | Parcel 9 | Greenway

The panelized systems tend to have less detailing, human imperfections, and depth than hand-laid brick. I don’t have the expertise to know if that is due to design choices, VE, or technical limitations of the panel systems.

I’m waiting for Boston Dynamics to do a demo video of a fleet of Atlases bricklaying and dancing...

The panelized systems tend to have less detailing, human imperfections, and depth than hand-laid brick. I don’t have the expertise to know if that is due to design choices, VE, or technical limitations of the panel systems.

I’m waiting for Boston Dynamics to do a demo video of a fleet of Atlases bricklaying and dancing...
Artaic (in the Seaport) does robotic crafted mosaic tile systems!
https://artaic.com/

FWIW, there was a company that was testing a brick laying robot a while ago, I think in England... It was pretty slow, and couldn't handle anything other than a blank brick wall, but that was a few years ago..

From last Saturday. This view of Blackstone St is going to look so different in a few years!

2021-02-20 15.37.00.jpg

Has anyone heard about the retail filling the first floor? I know it hasn't been the best of times to introduce a new restaurant or bar.

Retail_Plan.jpg

It'll be interesting to see how that loading space interacts with Blackstone Street, keeping in mind that during market days there is basically no way to get a vehicle down that street...
Screenshot_20210302-142110_Drive.png

There's also some black brick going up on the opposite end on Hanover. Didn't snap a photo but saw it going up Saturday.

That facade is generic af yikes. Probably had to dumb down the design as to not take away from the lush grass next door on the Greenway

Back