City Hall Plaza Revamp | Government Center

Re: Offical City Hall Plaza Proposals

^ Great shots and yes that is looking pretty cool for Halloween! It's not City Hall, its the Great Pumpkin!

Geisel.

people liked it....

i didn't.

This would be great development for a Zombie Apocalypse.

these new lighting developments over at city hall just serve to underscore that *everything* looks better when lit at night.

New marketing material for Winter's Landing:

CxAgFLwUsAA8yKV.jpg:large

No matter what they put here, it will still look awful next to that hulking mess. Do all of us a favor, knock it down.

New marketing material for Winter's Landing:

CxAgFLwUsAA8yKV.jpg:large

Looks good. But I think it highlights how the terraced portion of the plaza really takes up way too much space

Looks like a colony on Mars.

Looks good. But I think it highlights how the terraced portion of the plaza really takes up way too much space

Do you have a URL for that information

the Globe's story in September
https://www.bostonglobe.com/busines...-hall-plaza/5EiCNPTYzE3IWApJWVECoN/story.html
which discusses the "pull-back" from the original concept to something more modest [at least this year] had an image which looks totally different
For City Hall Plaza, a less ambitious plan

Boston Garden Development Corp. is preparing to install a "Winter Garden" on City Hall Plaza later this year.

By Dan Adams GLOBE STAFF SEPTEMBER 07, 2016

An effort by Mayor Martin J. Walsh to enliven City Hall Plaza, the underused civic space at the center of Boston’s downtown, is turning out to be less ambitious than originally envisioned, after the company selected for the job said it ran into logistical and financial obstacles...
DNC_08cityhallplaza02_biz.jpg

Do you have a URL for that information

the Globe's story in September
https://www.bostonglobe.com/busines...-hall-plaza/5EiCNPTYzE3IWApJWVECoN/story.html
which discusses the "pull-back" from the original concept to something more modest [at least this year] had an image which looks totally different

The more complex image was shown in the Herald today:
http://www.bostonherald.com/business/real_estate/2016/11/city_hall_winter_garden_plans_set

Ice Rink and winter themed shops open on December 2nd

They should turn the terraces into a sled hill.

^Well, not what I was hoping for (log cabin-esque), but still neat.

^Well, not what I was hoping for (log cabin-esque), but still neat.

Not to be Debbie Downer here, but those certainly look like the storage sheds people put in their suburban back yards to store the lawn mower. Yawn.

I'm disappointed they're not ice-fishing huts and we're not getting a man-made pond stocked with fish.

Back