Clippership Wharf | East Boston

The residences u/c here are being called "Slip65 Condos." You can find them on Facebook for regular updates.

Is it?

High Density Cement Fiberboard, face fastened, with painted steel balconies in a salt spray environment? I would think twice about that. But hey ... to each their own.

cca

I'm pretty sure he was referring to the condos selling out in 36 hours at record-setting prices per square foot in Eastie.

Is East Boston subject to the same sea level rise / storm surge restrictions that we've seen applied in the Seaport? (This includes both putting electric utilities well above a surge, and, IIRC, minimum heights for the threshold of parking garages?)

Is East Boston subject to the same sea level rise / storm surge restrictions that we've seen applied in the Seaport? (This includes both putting electric utilities well above a surge, and, IIRC, minimum heights for the threshold of parking garages?)

Yes.

I'm pretty sure he was referring to the condos selling out in 36 hours at record-setting prices per square foot in Eastie.

Ah ... well that is impressive. Good luck folks.

cca

Among all the things that can be criticized here, I'm going to go with that they really should have sprung for glass on the balconies over steel lattice. Why compromise the advantage of a full water view in any noticeable way, however minor?

Edit: My thought above is relevant when either looking out to the balcony from inside the condo or when sitting in a chair on the balcony. Obviously, when standing on the balcony, my point is moot.

Since this is a sampler mashup and the various bits are thrown together, it isn't necessarily straightforward. Looks like the right side of the balcony has 2 sheets of glass.

Since this is a sampler mashup and the various bits are thrown together, it isn't necessarily straightforward. Looks like the right side of the balcony has 2 sheets of glass.

It is possible that some balconies will get glass and some wire mesh. Mock ups usually have a bit of everything in the smallest possible footprint to test all the things that have been documented.

cca

According to Curbed, this has already sold out.

Curbed said:
All 80 of the condos at the planned Slip65 at 65 Lewis Street on the East Boston waterfront have sold out or are under agreement, according to developer Lendlease.

It took less than eight weeks for marketer the Collaborative Companies to reach that milestone.

The project is in pre-construction and is expected to open next year. Asking prices ranged from $700 to more than $1,200 a square foot—the latter quite a milestone itself for East Boston

Back