Clippership Wharf | East Boston

Yes, I'd reserve judgment until the facade is finished.

Off topic, but is soundproofing generally worse in wooden apartment buildings versus steel ones?

Yes, I'd reserve judgment until the facade is finished.

Off topic, but is soundproofing generally worse in wooden apartment buildings versus steel ones?

Not necessarily .... BUT ... buildings tend to be stick framed because of budget or ROI reasons. To bring a wood building up to acoustic performance standards take doing things to the walls and floors to make up for that fact that there is so little mass to help you with sound transmission. SO ... cheap structures tend to come along with the desire to not spend money on things like acoustics so these buildings often under perform in the acoustics front.

Nothing says "luxury" like hearing your neighbors say "luxury." :-/

Nothing says "luxury" like hearing your neighbors say "luxury." :-/

It's all about "building community." Isn't that all the rage these days? Nothing familiarizes you with your neighbors quicker than hearing every little thing that is said by them. At this point, leasing offices at places like this might as well start trying to spin that as a selling point.. for that "authentic urban experience." :)

It's all about "building community." Isn't that all the rage these days?

If I were spending a king's ransom to live here, I think I'd rather meet my neighbors at a dry cleaner, barber shop, package store, or greasy spoon. Of course there's no such mom & pop retail integrated into any of these developments, so residents will need to content their curiosity about their neighbors by trying to figure out what they're watching on Netflix.

Last edited:
The combination of the black and red sides are awful. Awful in renders and even more so in person.

Holyyy shit I didnt think it had any facade on it yet, that looked like that tyvek stuff. Oh noooo.

Back