Columbus Center: RIP | Back Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: COLUMBUS CENTER IS COMING BACK!

I just wanted to say that I wasn't pursuaded by this for one moment. So

OMG! Loved it, but please don't stop being funny, you've given me so many laughs. I'd hate for you to stop.

Re: COLUMBUS CENTER IS COMING BACK!

I still can't believe Boston has not built any skyscrapers over 503Ft since 2003 One Lincoln Street?
This city skyline looks ancient.

Well......at least we got a park?

8602033394_fb6c160afc_b.jpg

8602036480_7501968625_b.jpg

8602040272_cb80a248ae_b.jpg

It looks like it's seeing a lot of use! That's great. It was only 50 today too. This should be nice and busy when the even nicer weather rolls around!

Yep the place was teeming with activity, so much so that I didn't get any closer to the playground for fear of getting the evil eye from some overprotective parents. And that's a good point you raise, BostonUrbEx, that there's no other playgrounds nearby....this is shaping up to be an unqualified success.

Yep the place was teeming with activity, so much so that I didn't get any closer to the playground for fear of getting the evil eye from some overprotective parents. And that's a good point you raise, BostonUrbEx, that there's no other playgrounds nearby....this is shaping up to be an unqualified success.

There is a playground on the SW corridor park near Tent City and at Titus Sparrow park, but you're right, those aren't that close. This is a nice edition on the edge of the Pike and I think I remember someone saying it was funded by Fidelity.

There is a playground on the SW corridor park near Tent City and at Titus Sparrow park, but you're right, those aren't that close. This is a nice edition on the edge of the Pike and I think I remember someone saying it was funded by Fidelity.

It was a gift to the city from John Hancock's then CEO D'Alessandro, who was trying to screw Winn by not letting him have this parcel for Columbus Center.

Smartino is correct. You can see a pair of plaques in my second picture, one of which bears John Hancock's, umm, John Hancock.

Wow! Surprised there's that much use. Wonderful. Perhaps having Flour next door helps now?

And I think you mean Mayor D'Alessandro.

Wow! Surprised there's that much use. Wonderful. Perhaps having Flour next door helps now?

And I think you mean Mayor D'Alessandro.

I live nearby at 135 Claredon and many of my neighbors have small children. Ever since that little playground opened, they've all been hanging out there instead of in the hallways. It may be something like a "spite park", but it's been a godsend for me!

Ultra-fine-particle spewing chasm + children's playground = house of death! Where's Ned? You'd think he'd be apoplectic at the health hazards this playground presents.

Ultra-fine-particle spewing chasm + children's playground = house of death! Where's Ned? You'd think he'd be apoplectic at the health hazards this playground presents.

Ha, well played, Briv.

^^^Frieda Garcia Park.

Not sure, but a certain someone may live in the building with the green tarp.

That looks like a really nice park, very tranquil.

Not to dredge this project up, but the proposed site was much larger than this park. Are there any plans / did anyone buy the rights to build on any other part of what was to be this project?

That looks like a really nice park, very tranquil.

Not to dredge this project up, but the proposed site was much larger than this park. Are there any plans / did anyone buy the rights to build on any other part of what was to be this project?

I believe the park sits on the solid ground portion of the project and the air-rights remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back