Commonwealth Pier Revitalization (née Seaport WTC)| 200 Seaport Boulevard | Seaport

Re: Seaport World Trade Center Redevelopment | 200 Seaport Boulevard | Seaport

Community meeting presentation:

http://www.bostonplans.org/document...nwealth-pier-revitalization-project-presentat

Can a mod rename this to "Commonwealth Pier Revitalization | 200 Seaport Boulevard | Seaport"? They aren't using the WTC name anymore.

I wonder if the MBTA will change the WTC station name with the venue going away...

Re: Commonwealth Pier Revitalization (née Seaport WTC)| 200 Seaport Boulevard | Seapo

BCDC yesterday:

www.bostonplans.org/documents/plann...ommonwealth-pier-bcdc-presentation-2019-04-02

Notable here (and because I noticed something similar happen on the Summer St. steps in the Parcel P presentation): can you really plant 4 mature pine trees on a wharf? Seems more likely that these get quietly replaced by something less beautiful that provides less shade to that incredibly barren plaza they've designed.

Last edited:
Re: Seaport World Trade Center Redevelopment | 200 Seaport Boulevard | Seaport

"Next stop, Whitey Bulger station"?

Let's go back to the just post beginnings for the South Boston Seaport / Innovation District
before there was anything at all out there

Commonwealth Pier was going to be renamed BOSCOM* -- I think that one resonates well with the modern neo modern

BOSCOM: The Boston Computer and Communications Marketcenter at Commonwealth Pier
Contributors John Chouteau Dyer, FMR Properties/Fidelity Group, Jung/Brannen Associates
Publisher FMR Properties, 1982

Re: Commonwealth Pier Revitalization (née Seaport WTC)| 200 Seaport Boulevard | Seapo

Commonwealth Pier Revitalization Project -- BPDA has approved it

Is there a thread under that title? -- yes

This will be a massive project completely once again transforming the old Pier

Time to bring it forward with updates

The new view presented to the public as approved by the BPDA
62694005-4c10-4d0e-88f9-8e3ca0ee513d

Last edited:

I really like the modifications, particularly the larger seating zone cut-out. The glass facade on the Harbor is an especially nice touch.

I also hadn't seen the harbor side elevation before... they are cutting off the harbor end and putting up an almost completely glass facade. Opens up the building to the harbor.

When I first saw that in the renders, I thought it was a cross-section and wished that they would actually put up an all-glass facade because it looked so open and inviting.

Glad to know they are actually doing this, and with the north-facing direction, it is probably not too much an ask for cooling considerations.
hz2m3eUh.png

When I first saw that in the renders, I thought it was a cross-section and wished that they would actually put up an all-glass facade because it looked so open and inviting.

Glad to know they are actually doing this, and with the north-facing direction, it is probably not too much an ask for cooling considerations.
hz2m3eUh.png

Outside of the headhouse which is being preserved intact [at least at the WTC Ave level]-- its not your great uncle's Commonwealth Pier anymore at all

4a24792v.19685.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/Seaport_World_Trade_Center,_Boston_MA.jpg

2947swtcbostonboulevardeastviewfinalhalfres070219*1200xx2500-1406-0-181.jpg

_mg_0956_minus_pier_4.jpg

https://www.pembroke.com/news/bpda-approves-commonwealth-pier-project

Last edited by a moderator:

hz2m3eUh.png

Damn, I can only imagine the view of the skyline from those massive glass windows...........

:shock:

Damn, I can only imagine the view of the skyline from those massive glass windows...........

:shock:

Hey! The Logan Airport control tower is technically a skyline...

Hey! The Logan Airport control tower is technically a skyline...

My bad. Had a few pops enjoying the Friday afternoon and got disoriented....

Did anyone else notice the colorful sculptures that are along Seaport Blvd. being placed haphazardly around the WTC in one of the renders? :lol:

Looks like work is starting on this one, the ferries have been moved to the east side of the pier and a construction barge has been brought in. This is really going to make the whole pier more attractive and accessible, great to see it started!

Sorry for the delay here in posting but just wanted to update. With internal knowledge of the phasing, and on the task force in charge of emulating functionality in all facets from the west side to the east side of the pier, I thought I could provide some value.

-Currently, in phase one, they are driving 60 pylons in the slip, east side next to pier 4, and beginning the construction of the new dock which will run 40 feet further into slip than what is currently there.
-This is year one of SIX. All vessels that were on the east side are moving to the west side for the next 3-4 years. Currently the west side is not anywhere near equipped to handle the customer traffic, deliveries, water and gas needed so clearly that is the first priority since those boats pay a considerable amount for docking each year.
-They are also diving and surveying foundation, pylon integrity, etc.
-The project will really swing into full effect around June. ALL tenants, including myself are leaving the WTC offices anywhere between 1/1 and 5/1 where then interior work will begin.

I hope this was valuable in some regard. This will be an incredibly transformative project when it is completed... (It is incredible that we will have a 700 ft tower above SS at that point)... but still.

I'll continue to update should people find it to be of interest.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay here in posting but just wanted to update. With internal knowledge of the phasing, and on the task force in charge of emulating functionality in all facets from the west side to the east side of the pier, I thought I could provide some value.

-Currently, in phase one, they are driving 60 pylons in the slip, east side next to pier 4, and beginning the construction of the new dock which will run 40 feet further into slip than what is currently there.
-This is year one of SIX. All vessels that were on the east side are moving to the west side for the next 3-4 years. Currently the west side is not anywhere near equipped to handle the customer traffic, deliveries, water and gas needed so clearly that is the first priority since those boats pay a considerable amount for docking each year.
-They are also diving and surveying foundation, pylon integrity, etc.
-The project will really swing into full effect around June. ALL tenants, including myself are leaving the WTC offices anywhere between 1/1 and 5/1 where then interior work will begin.

I hope this was valuable in some regard. This will be an incredibly transformative project when it is completed... (It is incredible that we will have a 700 ft tower above SS at that point)... but still.

I'll continue to update should people find it to be of interest.
Gunner -- Great to have you aboard -- its always better to have real information rather than speculation and often innuendo

Looking forward to your reports on progress -- I think this is going to be a major transformation of the immediate harbor edge.

hz2m3eUh.png
This is 95% symmetrical. Do not tease, go full symmetrical.

Back