Commonwealth Pier Revitalization (née Seaport WTC)| 200 Seaport Boulevard | Seaport

You know, I think this question has been asked before, but why don't they just tear that ugly worn out & tired decrepit ugly old building down and just put a ultra-modern skyscraper there. I think that we are the only city that has a World Trade Center without a tall skyscraper there to grace the sky. Seems so ridiculous & sad!! :(
I could see a medium rise building (tall, but within the Logan FAA height limit) going in where the plaza is behind the main building.

2947_SWTC_Boston_Boulevard_West_Final_HalfRes_070219.jpg

Logan Airport.
Among other things.

!.) Fidelity, the owner, is not the slight bit interested.

2.) See St. Regis/Whiskey Priest, on constructing a building on water, as Beeline describes it. (Actually not built on water, but on old fill.)

3.) Chapter 91, which limits height. See Pinnacle.

4.) See Magenta Zone, where the Federal government, through a Tip O'Neill law, does not regulate dredge and fill for the waterfront along Atlantic Ave., the so-called Magenta Zone. The state is allowed to regulate development near/on the water in the Magenta Zone.

You know, I think this question has been asked before, but why don't they just tear that ugly worn out & tired decrepit ugly old building down and just put a ultra-modern skyscraper there. I think that we are the only city that has a World Trade Center without a tall skyscraper there to grace the sky. Seems so ridiculous & sad!! :(

This HAS to be sarcasm, no?

I'm serious. Why can't we at least have a 30 or 40-story office tower there? :giggle: :unsure:

I still think he's being sarcastic. Extremely sarcastic.

The FAA said no? Are they afraid of something bad happening?

Yes, they're concerned about planes taking off or landing at Logan Airport crashing into tall buildings in the flight paths of the planes.

Thanks, Charlie. While others here seem to ridicule me, calling me a troll & saying stuff that definitely isn't true, I deeply aplaude your comments. I never knew that area was off limits for planes landing or taking off at Logan Airport. Thanks again!! :)

Last edited:
Coming out stellar. With all these new hotels, condos and apartments going up... and it being rather close to Downtown Boston (Definitely walking distance...), do you guys think this area by the WTC will become pretty busy, touristy and a new 'spot'?

It looks like this will be particularly vibrant with the setting, and what this project includes. (And what is adjacent to it).

Excited for this. It will add an extra layer of depth to the Seaport.

Coming out stellar. With all these new hotels, condos and apartments going up... and it being rather close to Downtown Boston (Definitely walking distance...), do you guys think this area by the WTC will become pretty busy, touristy and a new 'spot'?

I think it's already just about there. Lots of tourists end up in the hotels in this area, and there's a good deal of shopping and entertainment destinations. Granted, it's still more touristy a few blocks up Seaport Blvd., but you already have great activation in the area with more coming down the line.

I think it's already just about there. Lots of tourists end up in the hotels in this area, and there's a good deal of shopping and entertainment destinations. Granted, it's still more touristy a few blocks up Seaport Blvd., but you already have great activation in the area with more coming down the line.

Yeah the additional three hotels will definitely help alot. When echelon comes fully leased.. boom. And whatever happens further down the road. It might be a magnetic for activity.

Holy crap, that’s freakin amazing! This renovation of the WTC is gonna be an awesome addition to the Seaport!

Last edited:
Thanks, Charlie. While others here seem to ridicule me, calling me a troll & saying stuff that definitely isn't true, I deeply aplaude your comments. I never knew that area was off limits for planes landing or taking off at Logan Airport. Thanks again!! :)
Don't blame you for not knowing the details behind urban planning in Boston. The airport is why the entire seaport district is "stumpville" with no variation in heights once the design has reached set limits for the flight paths. That and shadows over the Common and Public Garden determine many of the height limits of new builds.

Thank you Jahvon. I appreciate it! Have a good week.

Back