Commonwealth Pier Revitalization (née Seaport WTC)| 200 Seaport Boulevard | Seaport

DSCN8087.JPG
DSCN8087.JPG

Anyone have a guess as to if this is still on track? From the start, this was set up to be a 4-year long project. Not sure I was expecting this much more facade work 3 years in...

Anyone have a guess as to if this is still on track? From the start, this was set up to be a 4-year long project. Not sure I was expecting this much more facade work 3 years in...
from what I understand fit out work completes late 2024 with occupancy very early in 2025.

I'm curious how much structural work went into the pier itself. I figured there would need to be some earthquake resiliency/ bracing put in under there if not a couple new piles must have been driven in. Also energy efficiency, how much waterproof insulation must have been attached on the underside? It must have been an interesting and technical project to work on during design.

Last edited:

I'm gonna guess Covid delays plus materials supply chain?

I'm gonna guess Covid delays plus materials supply chain?

Just a month and a half later those pics are already out of date. Most of the horizontal panels on the Pier 4 side have been hung but there are other window and panel gaps that need to be completed. Not certain on the completion timeline but there’s been visible progress over the last 6 months.

I think they've decided to finish the project using volunteer labor on weekends with building supplies donated by Home Depot. 😆

Of course not. Heres what its going to look like straight from the website.
It looks like the brick will stay but be covered by stone veneer, and the current holes in the brickwork will provide space for the large flag holders.

Oh my bad I thought when you asked if the brickwork in the second floor windows was permanent you were asking if the brick would always be exposed.

What youre seeing there is not brickwork across a window but the underlying structure of the building being exposed because they took off the limestone flag holders.

If I had to guess by looking at the picture and the age of the structure it looks like the structure itself is made out of brick and clad in a thin veneer of limestone. The brick is just exposed in that one spot because the flag holders are removed, but Im sure if they took off limestone panels in other areas of the building there would be brick underneath there too.

Back