Continuum | Barry's Corner | Allston

I'd much rather see a local place, like a second Chicken Lou's(!), The Shawarma Place, or Boston Indian Kitchen location. Or even a local chain like Boloco, B. Good, or Kelly's (their last Allston location has been vacant forever it seems. That's another story, though.)

Kellys failed because its overpriced and not all that good. considering this is a sameuls development it will probably be a mix of an upper tier national chain, a new iteration of a local restuarant groups concept, and some kind of burger/burritto place. Hopefully a liquor licence will migrate its way here; that would be a real game changer (although the ACA would likely firebomb the development before allowing a bar, even if its something really nice).

Anyone happen to know how to find the PNF of this project?

It blows my mind that this is the same windswept, empty intersection I commuted through for years.

The Deli in that building has a very fine Pastrami sandwich for those who like that sort of thing. It's not better than Sam LaGrassa's and it's not cheap (is good pastrami ever cheap?) but it is a top 5 pastrami sandwich in the city although not sure that says much about our pastrami game.

The Deli in that building has a very fine Pastrami sandwich for those who like that sort of thing. It's not better than Sam LaGrassa's and it's not cheap (is good pastrami ever cheap?) but it is a top 5 pastrami sandwich in the city although not sure that says much about our pastrami game.

Thx, will have to check out. Michael's Deli in Coolidge Corner also has excellent pastrami sandwiches, as well as pastrami knishes.

This reminds me.... how is any apartment building in Boston being built with less than 5 or 6 floors.

Unbelievable.

It's too early to start drinking, dude. Save these comments for another couple hours.

I just looked at the location. What a wasteland that used to be. I remember WGBH was over there and there was a VW dealer, too. IIRC, there was a Dunks with one of the old school Dunkin signs. Nice to see that area get developed.

Those are some expensive apartments.

Anyone happen to know how to find the PNF of this project?

You can usually find PNFs on the BPDA website. Look under Development Projects. The list is default and it can be a trial and error to find the project (this one is under Barry's Corner, not Continuum. You can search by neighborhood, or on a map view if that is easier). Then look under project docs and track it down. Newer projects are more organized, but it is there.

You can usually find PNFs on the BPDA website. Look under Development Projects. The list is default and it can be a trial and error to find the project (this one is under Barry's Corner, not Continuum. You can search by neighborhood, or on a map view if that is easier). Then look under project docs and track it down. Newer projects are more organized, but it is there.

i searched by neighborhood (Allston)
http://www.bostonplans.org/document...rd-allston-barrys-corner-residential-and-reta

Radius is right down the road off the same street too filling up another empty corner. Lots of nice development going up in the area.

MV-WESTERN-AVE-REND-Full-Facade-Daytime-1000x402.jpg

Back