Continuum | Barry's Corner | Allston

Re: Barry's Corner Commons and renaming Barry's Corner

FYI, Samuels is calling this "Continuum". A mod may want to update the thread title. I just got a broker email that the leasing office is open and they're beginning move-ins between 9/1 and 11/1. Not sure yet on the prices.

Wait. Is "Continuum" the actual spelling?

^^ Yes. Continuum Allston.

*sigh*

Okay.

Wait. Is "Continuum" the actual spelling?
Sounds like they should be selling fancy European vacuum cleaners or something.

This isn't bad at all. It will give the area focus and puts some "there" in a place that has too much nowhere.

Maybe it is because I have authored papers on continuum electrostatics, but I am unsure what you dislike about the spelling.

Is there an alternate spelling to the word that I was never taught?...

Sounds like they should be selling fancy European vacuum cleaners or something.

'Continuum' evokes a more sci-fi/astrophysics feel than anything else for me - more like they'd have a wormhole to downtown Boston or a Star Trek-style sonic shower in every room listed in the amenities.

The word is always spelled continuum... it's pronounced "continue-um". Have people just never seen it written before?

Look, the facts are these:

I'm an idiot.

Let's move on.

Hot Property: Live in lap of luxury in N. Allston

A new luxury apartment complex is putting the “there” back into North Allston’s Barry’s Corner.

Occupying a long-empty
Harvard University-owned lot near its football stadium, the Continuum now anchors the corner of North Harvard Street and Western Avenue with 325 units as well as 35,000 square feet of upcoming retail and restaurant space.

The rear of the complex, which features a large fitness facility, overlooks Harvard’s athletic fields and another side has views of adjacent Smith Field city park. A “backyard” space that’s open to the public will have a large movie projection screen. And there’s a large second-level landscaped terrace with gas grills and lots of seating located in the center of the triangular-shaped complex.

People are beginning to move in. Hundreds of new residents in the area? Maybe this will push the tide for key bus-ification of the 70/70A.

this project is underrated. you guys are sleeping on this and all of the retail that it's bringing to an otherwise dead area. just watch when a fucking chick fil a opens here.

this project is underrated. you guys are sleeping on this and all of the retail that it's bringing to an otherwise dead area. just watch when a fucking chick fil a opens here.

This project will do wonders in tying Allston and Cambridge together. Before this project, the area between Hooker St and HBS lacks density. This will be great for Lower Allston.

The most underrated aspect is the sheer number of units this project brings: 325 units! These projects help alleviate the high housing cost in the area.

Did you know: this development has more units than Boylston West, One Greenway, or One Canal.

Last edited:

Hold the phone... are they really opening a Chick Fil A here?!?!?!

Back