DNA Lofts in Boston

Well, Jimbo, I've gotta disagree with you - I believed that "woman" was really looking for some neighborhood info and simply gave her the names of the top three brokerage houses in that neighborhood, including the guy who sold me my house. I even said "I'll plug the agent who helped me" since I was in the same boat as her (moving from South End to Dorchester).

It's like when I posted "I actually really like Don Chiafaro..." or "The Elkus Manfredi team is really a great team to work with"

Not necessarily spam, just my (positive, not negative) opinions on people.

Good ole Dot,always causing a problem! my hood!
dorchester18lyndhurststboston2005.jpg

Last edited:
I love the mix of different styles and scales of buildings, really adds to the diversity with stately single familiy homes and dense low rise apartments.

Hey! I was JUST looking at aerial phototography of that area aerlier today. I'm in the process of re-reading "Built in Boston", and I just made my way through the chapter entitled "Streetcar City, Garden Suburbs," which discusses the houses on Melville Ave. What a coincidence!

Hey! I was JUST looking at aerial phototography of that area aerlier today. I'm in the process of re-reading "Built in Boston", and I just made my way through the chapter entitled "Streetcar City, Garden Suburbs," which discusses the houses on Melville Ave. What a coincidence!
Been in this nieghborhood for 17 yrs, have lived in Dorchester for 20 years now,the other coincidence is I started out in Allston,(lived off Allston st) and now also live off Allston st in Dorchester!

Ladies and Gents... the DNA Lofts...

Fingers crossed that they sell like hotcakes!!

DNA_small4.jpg

DNA_small1.jpg

You are looking at the rehabbed "old" building. My friend didn't have pics of the new construction part because it's still being finished.

They really did an excellent job here - the devil's always in the details and they got the details right.

They really did an excellent job here - the devil's always in the details and they got the details right.

By details, are you referring to that strange object that says "Phone" on it? I recall seeing similar boxes in the past, but I can't remember what they're for. Must be some historical requirement thing.

By details, are you referring to that strange object that says "Phone" on it? I recall seeing similar boxes in the past, but I can't remember what they're for. Must be some historical requirement thing.

Now a days I think their used mostly for drug dealing. I watch it happening all the time at the corner of Worcester Sq and Washington St. I'm told the ones at the other end, on Harrison Ave are used for Prostitution too.

I live on Worcester Sq and you couldn't be more right about the hookers, they are even out on Easter wearing pink dresses, it drives me crazy.

Anyway I spoke with the sales agent over at DNA Lofts, his name is Eric and they are finial making sales appointments this week. I made an appointment on Thursday I will let you know what I think.

Take some pics when you go and post them here - I'd love to see how the inside turned out - I'm a big fan of the outside. I'm probably going to wander in one of these days myself. Any word on official pricing yet?

Hopefully they will position this at the top of the Savin Hill market, instead of positioning it at the bottom of the South End market.

I tip my cap to the developers for undertaking this huge, risky development in today's market - best of luck! I'll be funneling my former South End neighbors friends to the building.

From the brief conversation I had with him it seems the prices start in the mid$200?s with parking. I will try and take some pictures and post them for everyone later this week.

Now a days I think their used mostly for drug dealing. I watch it happening all the time at the corner of Worcester Sq and Washington St. I'm told the ones at the other end, on Harrison Ave are used for Prostitution too.

According to the tv show, The Wire, your guess is accurate.

I just walked by DNA lofts again this morning. The landscaping is very well planned. The trees in the courtyard are great. I think some of them are white pine..if so, they will provide green all winter and grow tall enough to give the upper units some privacy. Nicely done!!!

Can you post some pictures? They have recently painted the upper floor that grows above the brick facade an unusual, dark blue. It's really nice and funky to see on a brick warehouse-style property. This property really came out well, I drive by it every day and I am very happy to have it as an addition to my 'hood. If you don't have any pics I will try to get some on my way home or from my realtor friend.

I don't have any pic, but when you drive by you can't miss the landscaping...the developer definitely didn't skimp on it. Definitely checkout the courtyard....they did some nice landscaping in the back also....the trees will provide shade for the exterior parking spaces.

...the trees will provide shade for the exterior parking spaces.

As I believe someone already mentioned previously in this thread, this project seems to be shrouded in suspicious boosterism. Example - Trees providing shade for parking spaces!!!

Granted, I will admit based upon the pictures it seems the developer did a good job in rehabbing the building.

Back