Dorm Tower @ Emerson College | 1-3 Boylston Place | Downtown

We'll see what emerson puts in the bottom of those commercial spaces fronting Boylston St. adjacent to the Alley. In addition to Remingtons there was another bar/club at the first level of that building. If they end up putting in some kind of institutional use that would be a shame for the area. If that happens, Emerson will have closed three nightlife venues in that small area (Sweetwater and the two mentioned above)

That alley was once home to a gay bathhouse and a gay bar famous for its after hours activities. Times change and so does the definition of nightlife.

Remmingtons. It was a dive bar. RIP :(

Yup, and Dick Doherty's Comedy Vault (it used to be a bank vault) in the basement. It was a really Boston gem. You could watch a good local comedy show downstairs (and hear each Green Line train rumble by underneath), and go upstairs and grab a reasonably priced beer and play connect four or some other board game. I miss it.

That alley was once home to a gay bathhouse and a gay bar famous for its after hours activities. Times change and so does the definition of nightlife.

Sol THAT's where the Safari was! Could never find it...;)

JzLyuxi.jpg

Starting skin it dose anyone else have the same problem when uploading from ur phone , it always uploads pics I don't want then trying to edit just f's it up more😡

Last edited:
This is really progressing... I actually have deliberately avoided looking at this for months cuz Im still steaming over the fact it was allowed to happen at all...

I think it's done height wise

Try to stay calm. This property is located in the Ladder District. The stronghold of the Friends of the Public Garden. This deed of horror is pushing 210' by god.

Last edited:

Back