Downtown Crossing/Financial District | Discussion

Godfrey Hotel taking reservations beginning 1/22. Can't wait to see how it comes out.

Went into the new Gordon's Liquor/Moody's on Temple Place on Thursday. It's really nice. I'd highly suggest anyone who's interested to check it out.

Went into the new Gordon's Liquor/Moody's on Temple Place on Thursday. It's really nice. I'd highly suggest anyone who's interested to check it out.

Very knowledgeable and pleasant staff, great looking, pretty well stocked. They weren't thrown by a request for a biodynamic white.

Very knowledgeable and pleasant staff, great looking, pretty well stocked. They weren't thrown by a request for a biodynamic white.

I popped in as well. Pleasant place and pleasant guy on duty, but they don't have their charcuterie section stocked yet (which is what the real draw for me will be--can't find decent paté in Boston to save my life). Although the display of wines is great, selection is surprisingly limited. I guess it's not aiming to be comprehensive so much as highly selective. Good addition to DTX overall, I think.

The Godfrey has opened: https://twitter.com/crcarleton/status/691983917663031296

CZlpf8IUcAIZ4P0.jpg:large

Went in last Friday on the daily post-nap stroll. The downstairs looked like it was going for some sort of 70's vibe.

They should really pay someone to wash those windows... gross.

They should really pay someone to wash those windows... gross.

Agreed. The lobby is actually fairly small...Maybe it'll feel bigger/better when the coffee shop opens.

Are they opening a hotel restaurant/kitchen of some kind?

FYI, last night it was like $108 to stay on Hotel Tonight at the Godfrey.

People in the city forget that they in fact, live in a city.

I didn't think the video was too doom and gloom. The Herald video barely gave the NIMBY guy 10 seconds in the video.

"Right now the streets are pretty clogged."
If you don't like having streets full of people, living in the center of a major city adjacent to 4 major transit lines is probably not the right choice for you.

"Right now the streets are pretty clogged."
If you don't like having streets full of people, living in the center of a major city adjacent to 4 major transit lines is probably not the right choice for you.

Exactly, it's not clogged because of the people living there. If anything the streets could use a bit more clogging in the non-commuting times.

Scary NIMBY article in the Boston Herald today, about Downtown Crossing residents fear that Downtown Crossing is being OVERBUILT.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2016/04/tower_proposals_raising_eyebrows

If you cannot build density in Downtown Crossing (epicenter of the T system), where can you build it? Do the NIMBYs really like boarded up storefronts (which they call historical charm)?

How did everyone miss this line:
BRA officials told the Herald other developers are interested in the area and the agency expects to see even more high-rise proposals there this year.

Back