East Boston Infill and Small Developments

I'm wondering just when will all that construction end at Central Square. It is like a zoo, trying to get around there!

I'm wondering just when will all that construction end at Central Square. It is like a zoo trying to get around there!

Thanks for breaking these up into separate pieces, like you in south Boston, easier to figure out what we're looking at.

The Bremen and meridian street developments are decently sized - I actually appreciate how they are significantly larger than the abutting buildings. I wonder if development is easier in east boston with less intense opposition? I suppose with any lower income neighborhood, the political organization and clout in city hall tends to be less powerful... Not fair but often the case... Roxbury possibly being the exception, to some extent at least, due to the reaction forces generated by all the urban renewal projects in the 60s/70s.

Re the Loftel, that was fast - only approved two weeks ago... I'm guessing they were already starting before approval, not sure how that works.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn80/boston02124/2016/IMG_13221_zps9deivlfi.jpg[/IMG][/URL] broke my camera so just using the IPhone

So ... Clippership Wharf is for sale?

This was approved last summer by the BRA.

" ... a residential project by Lend Lease that’s set to bring 492 residential units and create four acres of open space on the East Boston waterfront. The 12-acre Clippership Wharf site sits along the Boston Inner Harbor near the Maverick MBTA Blue Line station, offering views of the Boston skyline from Charlestown to South Boston."

What's this about it being in "active discussions with the Boston Redevelopment Authority" to "to modify the existing permits to accommodate 288 rental apartment units"?

I read that to mean they're going to try to reduce the number from 492 units to 288 units, right? (It was proposed in 2003 for 400 units, along with 670 parking spaces. New proposal includes 300 parking spaces and 300 bike racks ... or more.)

Screenshot-2016-03-09-at-7.14.56-PM.png

Coppersmith Village - that's under construction?

Don't believe so - the water side (shown in these photos) is One Boston or whatever - the horseshoe thing.

Coppersmith would be across the street where the 'steel factory' is - and nothing is happening there at the moment

Re: my comment above regarding Clippership Wharf, sold today for $10,000,000.

Maybe we'll get movement on this, now.

(Seller (Wynn?) bought the property from Related and Wynn in 1999 for $2,250,000.)

FK -- far less ugly than what has been there for more than a generation

Yeah, this definitely looks better than its neighbor. But that's faint praise...

The restaurant spot at the tip of building 4 could turn out to be amazing, if they don't mess it up. Eastie has a great restaurant scene and a great waterfront, but there's little to no overlap between the two. The only restaurants on or near the water, as far as I know, are KO Pies in the Shipyard (which is awesome but not quite waterfront) and the place at the airport Hyatt (which is at an airport hotel). This development could change that.

And livening up this whole corridor could lead to future improvements to the ground floor at the Portside at Pier One development

Back