East Boston Infill and Small Developments

Central Square reboot is finally underway too

^ Former site of the Seville Theatre.

The best part of living in this executive favella is that you won't have to look at it.

There's a remarkable new park @ neptune road near Day Sq. (photos from May)

20472378091_15c390f8c7_b.jpg

20472377941_642597787e_b.jpg

20472377681_6b1b449dc6_b.jpg

There's a remarkable new park @ neptune road near Day Sq. (photos from May)

Hey kids, who wants to go play in the Airport Edge Buffer!

Seriously, what the heck is that doing set in granite?

Its kind of a thing around here:

http://binged.it/1OrvEx8

And btw if you can't make it out on your phone or whatever, that second photo does in fact show the footprint / floorplan of a three-decker in cobblestone

I think Massport wants you to know that Airport revenues paid for basically everything green, granite, or shiny in East Boston, to forestall folks biting the hand that manicures them.

So don't go thinkin' they'll name it after a person (hack or historical). Heck, consider ourselves lucky they didn't name it the Consolidated Fescue Rhizome Facility.

...will the Consolidated Fescue Rhizome Facility include a Community Room?

Trinity Unveils Orient Heights Housing Development Drawings

The plans show a mix of townhouse-style homes as well as more traditional apartment buildings. The plans also call for current duplex homes on Faywood Avenue with market rate housing as part of the overall project.

Erlick said the tear down and rebuilding of the housing development would be done in phases with the first phase starting at the bottom of the housing development on the Waldemar Avenue side. This would consist of 130 or so of the 300 to 400 units Trinity would build.

Construction should begin on the first phase in the Summer of 2016.

Trinity is looking to develop something new and better at the site, improve the connection to streets that surround the public housing development and engage the surrounding neighborhood’s character as the cornerstone of the new buildings’ design.

EBOST_20160120_A1.jpg

http://www.eastietimes.com/2016/01/22/trinity-unveils-orient-heights-housing-development-drawings/

That's the outline of the walls of one of the triple deckers that was torn down.

A bit of a pictorial of the Neptune Rd area before Logan ate it up.

http://www.citylab.com/design/2013/...oston-grappling-expanding-logan-airport/5472/

I went to Wood Island Park often as a kid. From Chelsea we took the bus to Neptune Road and walked down the road to the park, past all the triple deckers. I also graduated from Sacred Heart high School (long closed) on Paris Street. I remember the planes coming in low (very low) over the building.

Once we had a student teacher from Boston College. One day a BC observer was in class to evaluate him. A big jet was coming over and the observer freaked out! He thought the plane would crash into the building. The rest of us calmly looked around at him the teacher continued teaching.

That's the outline of the walls of one of the triple deckers that was torn down.

I think he was referring to the text on the granite 'sign' in the first photo, and suggesting that the contrast between the banality of the language and the formality of the medium is acutely bathetic.

But (/and) you are right about the footprint of the three-decker

The big news today is last night's approval of the Garden Garage Tower.

The BRA, in it's infinite wisdom, also approved this architectural pustule in my neck of the woods.

Another cynical executive favela...

I went to Wood Island Park often as a kid. From Chelsea we took the bus to Neptune Road and walked down the road to the park, past all the triple deckers. I also graduated from Sacred Heart high School (long closed) on Paris Street. I remember the planes coming in low (very low) over the building.

Once we had a student teacher from Boston College. One day a BC observer was in class to evaluate him. A big jet was coming over and the observer freaked out! He thought the plane would crash into the building. The rest of us calmly looked around at him the teacher continued teaching.

TomofBoston -- I remember the obligatory TV live shot by Sen Kennedy every few years timed to coincide with the arrival of a transatlantic 747 -- you could literally count the rivets

The big news today is last night's approval of the Garden Garage Tower.

The BRA, in it's infinite wisdom, also approved this architectural pustule in my neck of the woods.

Another cynical executive favela...

East Boston really has gotten essentially nothing but crap in the last few years. It's sad... I guess at least it's more housing. Right? Right?

Back