East Boston Infill and Small Developments

If I were the developer, I’d scrap the ground floor off-Street parking in favor of leasable commercial space along Bremen Street. Bike, pedestrian, blue line, silver line, MBTA bus route, and Airport shuttle service to this particular location is superior to most other areas, and the temperature might be right among Eastie residents right now that there’d Be buy-in to discourage more cars from coming into the neighborhood.

The City should allow taller buildings here...screen out the airport.

Kind of odd they dont have more actual renders out of 250 pages of slides... From what I can see, though, it looks like it could be a good one, if it doesnt end up feeling like a palisade.

Yea it does look really good.

In form, scale, and style, I’m not troubled by this project. It looks like the developers actually hired an architect.

That said, I imagine some abutters will dislike it for some (or all) of the same reasons.

What's the scuttlebutt on 301-303 Border Street? I peek onto Loopnet occasionally and noticed this multi-family; however, this was the first I'd ever heard of it. Relatively big development for Eastie.

Build more transit-oriented housing, yes, but this looks like a tobacco barn with geometric windows. I find most renders gussy up and oversell a design, so imagine how this will look once done.

Build more transit-oriented housing, yes, but this looks like a tobacco barn with geometric windows. I find most renders gussy up and oversell a design, so imagine how this will look once done.

God forbid, they tear down Gino's Autobody Shop and Braz Motors (which is bordered by the ass end of three deckers) to build something interesting, even if it does look like a tobacco barn with geometric windows. ;) Can't have that!

Back