Echelon Seaport | 133-135 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

Damn, I love this development (sans the outdoor furniture)! I'll definitely nominate Echelon Seaport as the best completed development of 2021 (or 2020). This was a winner from the very beginning, starting with the renderings, and continuing up to present day.

Last edited:
A big part of this project's success is that almost none of the project got VE'd, cut off, cheapened with less costly materials, etc. The renders we saw on day 1 are almost the same, if not better in some cases, than what we're getting (again, sans outdoor furniture). But we still won't truly grasp this project's success until/if the courtyard sees any programming in the coming year (or 2+, due to COVID), and what retail shops move in. Have my hopes up that this crushes it, though.

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Throwback Thursday - November 24, 2018. Snapped some photos while they were still raising steel for The Alyx at Echelon Seaport.

Just caught this on Facebook. The name for the apartment tower. Alyx
7BDDD789-8E0A-4768-9004-F01E74F82250.png

I know we had a user on here somewhere explain the business logic of building branding... but goddamn these brands are awful.

Oh hell, while we're on nominations, I'll throw in the best "new/I just noticed" avatar for 2020 goes to Neon!! That's one dope neon banana!

I know we had a user on here somewhere explain the business logic of building branding... but goddamn these brands are awful.
When the only thing to be able to knock on the project is the name, then I think we have a winner on our hands.

Some of the vistas in along the streets of the Seaport these days remind me of Tokyo. And I mean that in the most complimentary way.

Some of the vistas in along the streets of the Seaport these days remind me of Tokyo. And I mean that in the most complimentary way.
Yeah, I kind of see that, too. The other thing I see, keeping in mind that the buildings themselves are very modern, is how much it is starting to look like old parts of Boston. The street layout was made as a grid, but the network of paths that the developers have put together, winding around and between, and even inside the buildings has that cow path feel we treasure in other parts of the city.

Reactions: GIL

Waterside 2 has a japanese vibe at ground level, its badass.

Back