Echelon Seaport | 133-135 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

Re: Seaport Parcels M1-M2 | Seaport Sq. | Seaport

This won't make rents go down because the supply is behind the demand. Build more and rents will drop.

The seaport is killing it and all the early claims to the contrary were overreactions to earlier stages of development.

Crazy how things have changed! That birds eye view render doesn't show the Whiskey Priest building. They'll be some views to the water blocked from that front building it looks like.

The Seaport, it has >1000 units, >1msf of class A, >1000 keys u/c right now, all of which will add activity and help support additional amenities (watching the harborwalk get completed parcel by parcel is also quite satisfying)

I agree 100% with all of Stick's recent posts.

Apparently the sales center for Echelon is now open in the 101 Seaport building. They have a floor with model kitchens built out, etc.

Mods, can we please update this thread title?

Echelon Seaport | 133-135 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

The seaport is killing it and all the early claims to the contrary were overreactions to earlier stages of development.
Went to Seaport with out of town relatives Thurs. night: ICA jammed (free admission Thurs. after 5pm), public band/bar on the ICA boardwalk/steps jammed; Shake Shack jammed; carnival ride at a temp popup bar jammed; sidewalks jammed. Whatever it's flaws the seaport has become a real destination.

Bad public transit, many similar looking and bland buildings, generic steakhouses and other boring and subpar restaurants that are laughably bad compared to what is going on nearby in Fort Point. I think those criticisms of the Seaport are still accurate. If anything public transit has gotten worse as car drivers have choked all the streets and the Silver Line has become more crowded.

I am glad we are starting to see some nice open spaces. The city and Boston residents fought for that. Without criticizing what developers did/wanted to do we would certainly have less open space and public amenities.

Went to Seaport with out of town relatives Thurs. night: ICA jammed (free admission Thurs. after 5pm), public band/bar on the ICA boardwalk/steps jammed; Shake Shack jammed; carnival ride at a temp popup bar jammed; sidewalks jammed. Whatever it's flaws the seaport has become a real destination.

Almost to the point where it's getting pretty difficult for residents to get home :). I remember that last Thursday evening. Everything was such a clusterf---.

Is there a heavily populated city in this country that doesn't have traffic problems? Seems the issue isn't specific to Boston or the Seaport.

Bad public transit, many similar looking and bland buildings, generic steakhouses and other boring and subpar restaurants that are laughably bad compared to what is going on nearby in Fort Point. I think those criticisms of the Seaport are still accurate. If anything public transit has gotten worse as car drivers have choked all the streets and the Silver Line has become more crowded.

hahahahaha. Amazing how Los Angeles, Miami, San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago, Houston, Dallas, & Atlanta, somehow manage–with 200, 300, 500, 1000X of our Seaport blight. How long before half the homeowners in Boston are kicking themselves for not buying in the Seaport?

i figure the Seaport has barely passed 1/3 of it's future pedestrians.

How long before retail/dining's response to the market is actually fully seen? 4~5~6 years?

Last edited:
Is there a heavily populated city in this country that doesn't have traffic problems? Seems the issue isn't specific to Boston or the Seaport.

I was remarking on and adding context to the change in this specific area over the last handful of years and where it is now vs. then. It's now a lively part of the city even at 8-9pm on weekdays.

I see so many people complaining about Seaport traffic but whenever I've walked over there, it's never that bad. Between 5 pm and 6 pm it's a mess, but whenever I've gone there after 6, it's fine. I noticed this in general in Boston. The afternoon rush hour is very peaky. On Congress St in Post Office Square, for example, between 5 and 6 is backed up terribly, but then after 6, there's nothing.

People keep saying that workers need to stagger their commutes more, but it's just not happening, especially in the afternoon. I don't know why. The morning commute seems much more spread out.

I see so many people complaining about Seaport traffic but whenever I've walked over there, it's never that bad. Between 5 pm and 6 pm it's a mess, but whenever I've gone there after 6, it's fine. I noticed this in general in Boston. The afternoon rush hour is very peaky. On Congress St in Post Office Square, for example, between 5 and 6 is backed up terribly, but then after 6, there's nothing.

People keep saying that workers need to stagger their commutes more, but it's just not happening, especially in the afternoon. I don't know why. The morning commute seems much more spread out.

The traffic issue in the Seaport is only caused by the expressway backing up in to the City. In the evening the Seaport is the last one to join in the traffic by workers heading north from CBD, Somerville, Medford, Malden, etc. and the same to the south. In the morning the Seaport traffic flows freely because they are the last of the commuters to exit the highways.

An infrastructure change on the expressways north and south is what's needed, even Mayor Menino recognized this years ago but couldn't get the State to act.

Seaport Square Parcel M1-M2 needs to remain in the thread title for reference purposes.

Following the thread title standard, the title should be:
Echelon Seaport | 133-135 Seaport Blvd | Seaport Square Parcel M1-M2 | Seaport

M parcels already have steel flying, pier 4 is almost complete, and seaport square is approved. The rest on seaport blvd Id like to know too it seems like within 3 years id imagine.

Just a reminder. The M parcels are part of seaport square. They are not separate. These are the M parcels of the overall Seaport Square master plan that is 24 acres spread across many parcels with numerous letter designations.

This is why there was confusion over the SS parcel K, and the Massport Parcel K.

It's great to see so much of it coming to fruition since I was helping out with MEPA studies/reports a decade ago.

Just a reminder. The M parcels are part of seaport square. They are not separate. These are the M parcels of the overall Seaport Square master plan that is 24 acres spread across many parcels with numerous letter designations.

This is why there was confusion over the SS parcel K, and the Massport Parcel K.

It's great to see so much of it coming to fruition since I was helping out with MEPA studies/reports a decade ago.

This problem arises from Seaport Square Parcels L1-L4 being branded as "Seaport Square" in recent filings/approvals with the city.

This problem arises from Seaport Square Parcels L1-L4 being branded as "Seaport Square" in recent filings/approvals with the city.

That is where the "square" will be I guess. Since Seaport Hill went away. The small open area between the L parcels ain't much of a Square.

The traffic issue in the Seaport is only caused by the expressway backing up in to the City. In the evening the Seaport is the last one to join in the traffic by workers heading north from CBD, Somerville, Medford, Malden, etc. and the same to the south. In the morning the Seaport traffic flows freely because they are the last of the commuters to exit the highways.

An infrastructure change on the expressways north and south is what's needed, even Mayor Menino recognized this years ago but couldn't get the State to act.

Yeah this seems right to me. Its literally a peninsula hanging off the edge of another peninsula, and there's not a lot of 'alternate routes' available.

Toll 93 and build the NS link

Back