Fan Pier Developments | Seaport

I'm not saying I like it, but the east side its mostly glass and more attractive. There's hardly any pics on here from that side. From that angle I wouldn't say it fell directly from the ugly tree.

Puma City was gone this afternoon. Some workers still on the site told me that they finished dismantling it today. It is in storage in South Boston and will not be following the race to its remaining ports.

You'll be able to catch it next at the (2010?) FIFA World Cup in South Africa.

From last week, the park. Im guessing itll be done by the end of summer

IMG_9046.jpg

IMG_9047.jpg

I believe the puma store made from the cargo containers is in Allston in the parking lot that Harvard owns on Western Ave right accross the street from its school of business. Just ran by it and noticed the red containers and they said puma and volvo racing on them.

Yes, seriously, great pic, Boston02124. It's mysterious yet moody, one can say it's like a post-apocalyptic shot of post-crisis Boston from a movie.

However, for the Fan Pier building itself, I have to say that it has one of the most jarring contrasts between glass and pre-cast panels I've seen, this effect makes even the glass seem also jarring and ugly, rather than enhance it like in most cases.

^ Thanks! As you know if it was'nt for you,I would have never learn how to post pix's!(some might curse you for this lol!,I do post alot of pix's!) The pix of Fan Pier is from across the harbor on a gray day,so not the best pix of this building,up close and when view from other area's it's not bad,how ever on the skyline it's just another bland box standing alone ,hopefully they'll build a few more of the planned buildings soon. Here's some other views from that day.
134-1.jpg
132-1.jpg
128-1.jpg

hopefully they'll build a few more of the planned buildings soon. Here's some other views from that day.

Hopefully is right, and if the article on the BCEC expansion has any influence, they would get the hotel parcel up and moving. Fill the void that needs filling first. Generate some revenue to help fund additional projects.

Got that right Seamus. That's one parcel that seems to make the most economic sense-there's a strong need for hotel space in the area. Although, according to the Fan Pier website, there's no tenant for the hotel. Will it be independent? I can't imagine, but perhaps!

^thanks! did'nt mean to start another Boston vs(any city) debate. Today while driveing to South Boston.
161-1.jpg

Last edited:
The more glass they expose the better this building looks!

well this is Boston flat and boxy! this morning from 93 no.
059-6.jpg

Last edited:

Back