Fan Pier Developments | Seaport

If only we were getting a neighborhood on Fan Pier with as small a scale and as variegated in design as these pavillions.

Walking around the exhibits I couldn't help but think the very same thing. Large footprints are the bane of good urban design.

What is to happen to that chapel ? anyone know ?
it seems so out of place nowadays.
I am sure back in the shipping days it was packed with sailors.
Does anyone even have services in there any longer ?

The guy that put the hole where Filene's used to be wants to put a hole here too.

In other words, it's going to be leveled/relocated for the Seaport Square development.

Cool shot of the coast, I'm not exactly sure where this is...could be Charlestown? It's E4 and the PUMA hydrofoiling Moth.

EDIT: It's East Boston. Thanks Cz.

20sej2a.jpg

Last edited:
What is to happen to that chapel ? anyone know ?
it seems so out of place nowadays.
I am sure back in the shipping days it was packed with sailors.
Does anyone even have services in there any longer ?

What chapel?

Little one in that odd median/parking lot, sort of across the street from Fan Pier and Pier 4.

I went there for Ash Wednesday mass service, so yes they still have services.

A new chapel is to be provided as part of the Seaport Square development.

Did I hear burrito eating competition at PUMA city for their Cinco De Mayo festivities tonight?

lol i actually entered into a qdoba burrito eating contest at a different local. My time was a dismal 2:01 and i basically lost it for my team who all finished sub 1:30. Lol oh well.

Anyways before we get too off topic, are the other buildings basically on hold right now until the economy is more development friendly? Are they going to be built 1 by 1 on a permanent basis?

I know they close down on weeknights at 10pm, but I stopped in the other night thinking that the anticipated Cinco De Mayo party would be something worth having a beer at. Got there at 930 thinking I could grab one beer...the place was dead, maybe 15 people (including staff) at the bar in PUMA city and the d0uch3 bags working there first gave us a hard time about getting in since it was last call and then the bartender would not serve anyone. We were presentable. What a bust.

Thursday night the place was nearly empty, but last night and today it was packed.

Yesterday I saw that Puma City was still standing there, empty, with four or five very bored and very young security guards around it. Anyone know when it will be dismantled? I'd like to watch the process.

Should have already been dismantled, as with the rest of the race village.

I assume mullions will also be going up on the glass bump-outs on the west side? If not, then WHOA that's bad.

Puma City was gone this afternoon. Some workers still on the site told me that they finished dismantling it today. It is in storage in South Boston and will not be following the race to its remaining ports.

Back