Fan Pier Developments | Seaport

^ This. Oh, so this.

Can we have this rule for "the Greenway will be perfect when the trees grow in," too?

haha yea now that you mention it makes the greenway seem evem more of a disappointment.

IMG_3216.jpg

Walked pass the site earlier today and now both cores are visible at street level

I passed by the work site earlier this afternoon and I was amazed by the amount of process. The core on 50 Northern Ave. was up to the fourth floor and 11 Fan Pier Blvd. core was up to the eleventh, while steel work was at ground level.

I passed by the work site earlier this afternoon and I was amazed by the amount of process. The core on 50 Northern Ave. was up to the fourth floor and 11 Fan Pier Blvd. core was up to the eleventh, while steel work was at ground level.

Hot damn! Build, baby, build!

Can't wait to see these for myself when I get home. =)

Cranes Cranes

With apologies to Rogers and Hammerstein Carousel

Cranes is bustin' out all over!
The streets aren't sleepin' anymore!
All the Ram trucks chase the lunch trucks
All determined there'll be new towers
and the folks aren't even keepin' score!

All
On acounta it's Cranes in March, March March
Just because it's Cranes in the Hub

Some from yesterday. Hooray for nice weather. But the wind led me to breaking my headphones...

DSCI0705.jpg

DSCI0705.jpg

DSCI0700.jpg

DSCI0699.jpg

DSCI0697.jpg

DSCI0696.jpg

DSCI0694.jpg

DSCI0692.jpg

Mock ups.
DSCI0690.jpg

DSCI0688.jpg

DSCI0687.jpg

DSCI0685.jpg

DSCI0684.jpg

DSCI0683.jpg

today from Dorchester ave a little past Ashmont station
035-2.jpg
Red line from Fields cor.
034-1.jpg
033.jpg
028.jpg

Agreed, BB.

The interplay between these two buildings is overwhelmingly awkward. There's the uneasy space that opens up a few stories aboveground when the setback kicks in on building that's in the foreground in the above photo (btw, do these buildings have names or any separate identities, or will we always be referring to one or the other as "the one in the foreground/background"?).

Then there's the fact that the building in the background in the above pic has the unfortunate horitzontal panelling that screams "Welcome to the 80s!" and looks like a layer of skin shed by the Tip O'Neill Building or the Westin Copley Place. Really, what were the architects not thinking here?

Back