Fan Pier Developments | Seaport

The lobby is so huge because there are supposed to be more headhouses at the other end -- but that depends on the developer (not Fallon -- whoever took over Frank McCourt's land)

If Courthouse Station were ever filled with enough people to justify its size, those same people wouldn't be able to get where they're going via Courthouse Station.

The best case scenario for the station - if and when the area becomes more developed - is a line of bumper-to-bumper buses inching forward at a snail's pace.

02124 - excellent shots! Good eye as always, but, new camera?

Say this 10 times without laughing: "Fan Pier is the most aesthetically pleasing development in Boston."

Stolen from the Fan Pier Facebook page:

23586_389581347481_132413742481_3878201_1106607_n.jpg

The NEW LOUIS store on the waterfront is now OPEN at Fan Pier ! April 21, 2010 - The new LOUIS store - open, spacious, contemporary, filled with light - the glass walls overlooking the Marina and Boston's waterfront make shopping at the new LOUIS - a very unique experience.

The new LOUIS - now totally, incapable of - constructing! a sentence.

Agreed. Like a more downmarket version of the Tannery.

...Or Building 19.

It appears this building has no interior finishes whatsoever. Can someone tell me how they get away with all that exposed steel structure? That cant be up to code, can it?

It's edgy and urban just like they bought an old warehouse! Except, it's new! And has waterfront views!

So, I see Boston gets another Urban Outfitters. What? That's the new Louis Boston? Ohh. :(

I... just... don't understand...

Everything about this just seems wrong. The inside, the outside, the products, the location... Is there anything right with it?

Their customer base is old, traditional types, no? This means death for them in more ways than one. It's going to go under within months.

23586_389581357481_132413742481_3878203_8005561_n.jpg

The NEW LOUIS store on the waterfront is now OPEN at Fan Pier ! April 21, 2010 - the apothecary section in LOUIS new store has something for everyone ! Visit today
Everything about this space screams 'temporary'. I'm guessing there is a reason for that.

Are you talking about their store in One Marina Park Drive? That is temporary until their own purpose-built structure is ready.

I'm pretty sure this is their purpose build structure (which, technically, is also temporary - long term).

If you look at the wall outside the apothecary you can see it is the corrugated tin found on the new building.

Theory: Louis gets a sweetheart deal, Mayor's bud puts his footprint down on a lot that is not buildable in approved plan. Win-win for the buds. Just a theory.

Back