Fan Pier Developments | Seaport

When there are no views to be obstructed and no parking spots to be threatened, (crappy) things happen fast in this city.

Gonna miss those lots and the dumpy warehouses which preceded them

Before there were people opposed to everything -- things did happen fast in Boston -- and some of them were really Krappy such as the "pre-Jonstrosity" Public Library, Copley Plaza Hotel, Trinity Church, New Old South -- just to name a few Krappy things built out in the midst of a vast open plain

Gonna miss those lots and the dumpy warehouses which preceded them

Before there were people opposed to everything -- things did happen fast in Boston -- and some of them were really Krappy such as the "pre-Jonstrosity" Public Library, Copley Plaza Hotel, Trinity Church, New Old South -- just to name a few Krappy things built out in the midst of a vast open plain

Sorry -- I forgot that the Copley Plaza was built on the site of the existing Museum of Fine Arts -- before the more recent Krappy one was built in the vast open plain along with Krappy Symphony Hall on the street now known as "L'avenue des Artes" or some Krappy-such name

I guess that post was poorly worded on my part because it may imply that I believe crappy buildings are the result of a quick approval process. I don't think that. I was actually trying to allude to what a sham the approval process is this city. It seems to exist to solely to bog-down projects that threaten the views or parking spots of certain people rather than ensuring a well-designed, beneficial project. When those things aren't threatened, things seem to happen much more smoothly--no one really seems to pay much attention. Even if the projects are truly awful.

I ate at Jerry Remy's today. That devolpment IMO is a home run! The entire area was bustling with activity. A lot of pedistrians and the right amount of vehicular traffic. Although not the cheapest place to get a drink I encourage all to check it out. It will give you renewed hope for South Boston waterfront.

I ate at Jerry Remy's today. That devolpment IMO is a home run! The entire area was bustling with activity. A lot of pedistrians and the right amount of vehicular traffic. Although not the cheapest place to get a drink I encourage all to check it out. It will give you renewed hope for South Boston waterfront.

To be honest, I am amazed how packed the seaport gets. Literally lines out the door for a good amount of places. For an area with limited housing and less than spectacular transit, it really is encouraging to see the amount of people down there. The architecture may suck, but the street life is as active as fan hall.

Is the availability of parking what brings people here?

To be honest, I am amazed how packed the seaport gets. Literally lines out the door for a good amount of places. For an area with limited housing and less than spectacular transit, it really is encouraging to see the amount of people down there. The architecture may suck, but the street life is as active as fan hall.

Is the availability of parking what brings people here?

Cheaper parking close to great restaurants and major museums (ICA, Children's) - can't go wrong.

Yea I was there last weekend...that whole Jimmy's Harborside development is really cool...and yes, Remy's is wicked expensive.

Before I hit up Remy's, I went to the Harpoon Brewery. I have been there five or six previous times, and I have never seen it so packed. There was a ton of people there. It's unfortunate that the brewery is so far down because turning the brewery into a mix of a brewery & restaurant would be awesome for the neighborhood. Maybe they can still open a restaurant/beer garden in the area? I think that would be a screaming success. They could pair each beer with a food, etc.

I went over to Liberty Wharf on Friday night (July 1) and was very impressed. It's a great looking building and offers nice outdoor waterfront eating. Legal had a 2 hour wait, Del Friscos had an hour wait so we went to Remmy's. The food at that place is flat out awful, I don't recommend eating there. But it is a great place for a drink and to watch the Sox.

today>
012-25.jpg
005-25.jpg
006-29.jpg
007-27.jpg
009-25.jpg
010-27.jpg
011-25.jpg
013-25.jpg

They're already pile driving? Holy crap. Love how quick this is happening.

Nice - looking forward to following this!

They haven't dismantled Louis, have they? We discussed this earlier but I still don't think we're clear on what's happening to it..

Louis is still there and open, as of last week's Extreme Sailing event (when its roofdeck was full of people)

Nice - looking forward to following this!

They haven't dismantled Louis, have they? We discussed this earlier but I still don't think we're clear on what's happening to it..

I don't think anythings going to happen to it. It will probably be there for the next 8 years. (originally a 10 year lease.)

FrankG, thanks for the daily pix.

They certainly aren't wasting any time. Is Turner the general contractor?

Yeah pretty sure Turner's name is all over the fencing if I remember correct. I walk out and around it just about everyday, and forget my camera just about everyday.

Back