Fan Pier Developments | Seaport

more from the other day
043-1.jpg
041-2.jpg
060-3.jpg
064.jpg
053-1.jpg
http://s998.photobucket.com/albums/af104/ric02124/2012/?action=view&current=052.jpg
022-2.jpg
048.jpg
049.jpg
046.jpg

Boston02124, that second picture is a gorgeous pic.

I can't wait to see what that vantage point looks like once Seaport Square and other areas are built out.

As relates to the second photo, I think a few trees planted in the middle of the median would make crossing that street seem less daunting. I think that might also aesthetically be more pleasing.

At least IP looks good in the pics. God......Fan Pier development is depressing to look at. I can't believe that this is what they envisioned for this area.

What a disgrace.

Did you notice that the construction barge/crane has moved away from the Tea Party Museum. It is over by the Moakley Bridge.

My hope is that they are getting ready for a ship or two.

Not sure what is going on with the bridge, but on Saturday I saw a small barge/crane between the Moakley and Northern Bridges. it was tied up in front of the Barking Crab.

The Moakley Bridge is a baby in bridge years. Maybe they're going to take the cane apart so they can float it under the bridge?

My hope is that they are getting ready for a ship or two.

Not sure what is going on with the bridge, but on Saturday I saw a small barge/crane between the Moakley and Northern Bridges. it was tied up in front of the Barking Crab.

I was always under the assumption that the ships for the Tea Party museum would be floated into place without rigging or masts so they could slip under the bridges. Then would be fitted with masts and rigging at the museum. Could be completely wrong but like I said this was my assumption.

Your assumption is correct. The Moakley has a very low clearence and no type of sail boat/ship can get under it. They will be towed from Gloucester without masts or rigging and then be fitted out once they are alongside the Tea Party barge.
My assumption is that they still need the barge/crane, in the channel, to help with the installation of the mast.
Looking good for a June opening.

I was always under the assumption that the ships for the Tea Party museum would be floated into place without rigging or masts so they could slip under the bridges. Then would be fitted with masts and rigging at the museum. Could be completely wrong but like I said this was my assumption.

Back