Fan Pier Developments | Seaport

Exactly....Saks, Neiman, and Barney's will all profit from their departure. I certainly never found that they caried anything unique enough to convince me that it merits a ride on the Silver Line. It was a nice landmark store, but ultimately not irreplacable and the owner seems out of touch with reality to think otherwise.

the owner's highly subsidized 20 year lease is expiring. In exchange for their former bldg on Boylston St., Louis took possession of current site in a prepaid lease deal. They would have been out of business years ago without the valuable lease which prohibited subleasing.

'nuf said.

Well said Kennedy. Throw in a couple "tru dats" and "what what's!" and you could have really completed that circle of logic.

The original point revolved around Fan Pier, Charles River Park and City Hall Plaza comprising 50% of Boston's architecture (or at least 50% of Boston's "urban" architecture). I disagreed. You bringing up the entire Seaport District is hardly helpful.

This and the Seaport are so ugly, I can't imagine they're not plots to derail Boston's second pass at modern architecture.

With this and Kendall and Charles River Park and Government Center, shitty architectural spaces erected in the last 50 years now comprise at least as much of Boston as brick and cobblestone. Doesn't that say something?

Well, Mr. FolkLegend, if you'd like to go all English-teacher on me, I'd like to point out that czsz's original comment, to which I referred, used "this" without any clear antecedent. As shown through my bold marks, it is easy to see how one could take the second "this" to collectively stand for Fan Pier and the entire Seaport District.

Also, I'd like to point out that czsz's comment was largely hyperbole (I think,) and both you and I seemed to have taken it far too literally.

Let's mix this up a bit.

a pic of the old rail yard model near the fan pier. Prior to the construction : )

4008030513_05c4f09804.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmack24/4008030513/

Historic Fan Pier Rail Yard Sculpture.

and yeah that's snow. this is an old photo :)

Taken on March 21, 2007
Taken with an Olympus FE100

I thought that was tilt-shift for a second... :)

Nice shot!

There is some truly weird art all over the Harborwalk. There's a poem called "New England Ode" or something near the ICA that has lines that go like this:

"Volvo Volvo Volvo
Volvo Honda Volvo"

I kid you not.

Kinda love it, though. Where is this stuff on the Greenway? Guess it didn't fit into the suburban lawny Desperate Housewives aesthetic it was going for.

Yeah, the husbands working in the office parks are much edgier.

Best image of it yet. I can't wait to see it when it's completely blocked!

That last shot is my favorite view that I get every day walking over the bridge. It kind of gives the impression of a cluster of small buildings as if it was a long distance view of a skyline instead of one fatso.

Figured I put this here as Atlantic wharf is getting most of the attention today from logan
100-3.jpg

Great shot DZH. I only wish that perspective was reality. Some day it'll be in a cluster. I hope.

The lamp post makes the building look smaller than it really is which makes me like it, until I realize that the scale is all messed up.

Back