Fantasy T maps

Thanks for the commentary!

- I agree that this map makes us question our assumptions about our system. A lot of aspects are arbitrary at one point or another.

- When it comes to interlining, it does get pretty complicated. I agree it does feel pretty real as many North American Cities have heavy interlining. I don't know much about the exact logistics, but I hoped each colored line's "trunk" would have 6-minute headways. Meaning that all interlined stretches would be 3-minute headways and branches 12 minutes. Obviously, 12 minutes is not great, but it is also realistic to Boston's modern-day conditions. 3 minutes headways for the Orange Line, for example, which is interlined by the red, then immediately the green, might be too ambitious. I am curious to know how and if that would work.

-I could definitely see the Blue Line being built later. Right now, Boston is missing a radial line that is slightly offset and can, therefore, act orbital as well. The Blue Line aslo makes a transfer triangle between Kendall, Fenway/Longwood, and Downtown, three important job and cultural centers.

-Boston Center Station and New England Station are kind of the new North and South Stations here, and yes not convenient for every transfer.

-I think most neighborhoods get a better result in this system, and it is more balanced then what we have today.

-You are right about commons

Here are some zoomed-out looks.
Screenshot 2024-07-20 at 11.37.31 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-07-20 at 11.35.45 PM.png

Back