Fenway Center (One Kenmore) | Turnpike Parcel 7, Beacon Street | Fenway

Re: Fenway Center (One Kenmore, Mass Turnpike PARCEL 7)

The smallest is hideous, the middle is barely passable, and the tower is cool as hell.

Is there a site plan of this anywhere? I'm curious to how this will be interacting with the street, and the corner towards Fenway.

Looking at the open space in those plans I think that this entire complex will probably end up feeling more like the WTC in SBW than just another office park. But I think these parks will actually be used since there is a transit station and a major traffic generator next to the site.

The buildings might not be great but I think that it will be a definite improvement and could breath some life back into Kenmore Sq.

Oh, it's better than what's there now, but it's buildings in a park, and it even has a parking lot. A modest improvement indeed, compared with what could have been done.

Circulation is awkward from the standpoint of connectivity, and it's not scenic.

Not much art here from the reputed starchitect.

one_kenmore_aerial.jpg

This is on Meredith Management's Homepage, but doesn't appear to be on the actual project page. Apologies if it's been posted already, but I don't recall seeing it.

Last edited:

^ Waddling fatsos.

Dangit. For some reason I was under the impression that the section of surface lot adjacent to the Beer Works would be built up. That's the one where nutjob New Hampshirites, et al., park for games. How the hell do they ever get out?

Then again, that parking lot with its scraggly weeds and all has more character than these bland boxes will.

That image is an early massing model, though I think they kept the basic shapes for the new designs.

A tour of the area today

IMG_7543.jpg

IMG_7544.jpg

IMG_7545.jpg

IMG_7546.jpg

IMG_7547.jpg

IMG_7548.jpg

IMG_7549.jpg

IMG_7550.jpg

IMG_7551.jpg

IMG_7552.jpg

IMG_7553.jpg

IMG_7554.jpg

IMG_7555.jpg

IMG_7556.jpg

IMG_7557.jpg

IMG_7558.jpg

Hold on to those pics, if this ever gets built we will need them for posterity and to say "oh, the new buildings aren't so bad."

Yawkey will be covered right?

I've always like the tall yellow building in the center anyone know if it once had a crown at the top?
IMG_7543.jpg

Some parts of Boston are so..o..o grim !

Yes. Wow, yes.

"I've always like the tall yellow building in the center anyone know if it once had a crown at the top?"

Yes it did have projections at all the areas now sheathed in steel. BU owns that building and it would make a world of difference visually for quite a large area if they'd spend the 30k it would take to at least replicate what was removed with a bronze dipped aluminum, EIFS, vinyl, or GFRIC system. Why Fenway/Kenmore/Audubon Circle/Baystate Road don't have architectural preservation/renovation guidelines is beyond me.

Does anyone know if Yawkey Station is going to become a completely underground station? Access is going to be far different when Fenway Center is constructed and I wonder if the new platforms will be subway like, or some ugly stepchild of Back Bay Station.

I don't like Back Bay Station's commuter rail platforms because they get wicked cold. Other than that, though, what's the difference between them and a typical subway station?

Back