Fenway Center (One Kenmore) | Turnpike Parcel 7, Beacon Street | Fenway

Re: Fenway Center (One Kenmore, Mass Turnpike PARCEL 7)

How exactly are they going to build this tower put columns in the divider of the pike and then off to the side and use some sort of outrigger truss system?

From what I understand that's what they did with Copley. Drilled shafts along the perimeter and in the middle of the existing road and then spans of structural steel running between the drilled shafts. Same concept as building a bridge but you're putting a building instead of cars on it.

So im guessing it wont have a structural core itll just have a space for the elevators to run.

Everyone is welcome for post #528.:)

funny-facebook-fails-your-welcome.jpg

Prediction:

They build the garage with all 6,000 or whatever spaces.

They weasel their way out of any and all Yawkey obligations, leaving the full cost to the MBTA.

And thats it.

See you in 2023 folks, when a new developer proposes a 6 story tower to complement the garage!

Prediction:

They weasel their way out of any and all Yawkey obligations, leaving the full cost to the MBTA.

And thats it.

See you in 2023 folks, when a new developer proposes a 6 story tower to complement the garage!

Then they will bid on another project and be awarded that too.

Prediction:

And thats it.

The Yawkey Station has already been awarded for construction. It's a Design-Build that went to the Walsh Group. Public and private funding has already been committed.

Yawkey should already be progressing. As I recall, there is a snafu of some sort with CSX (they don't own the tracks, but they do have freight rights) which has put the project in a quagmire.

The holding up a major development for twelve parking spaces thing is dumb, but this...

Still, Rosenthal, president of Meredith Management Corp. of Newton, has yet to sign a co-developer and secure lending for the project.

...is a much bigger problem.

Right. They're trying to imply that this lawsuit is the reason there has been zero progress on this project when the actual reason is, and has always been, lack of financing.

Help. So, is Yawkey Station under reconstruction or not?

There still hasn't been any word from the media on the results of John Rosenthal's expedited hearing to settle the issue with abutters for his Fenway Center Development, but I suppose his word is reasonably close to official. He's updated the project's website and has this to say:

http://fenwaycenter.com/?p=388

I'm guessing some folks here are still going to be skeptical, but my desire to see one of these air-rights developments actually get built makes me want to believe this is moving ahead.

Why are they building such a wasteful parking garage...probably never going to see full use....

There still hasn't been any word from the media on the results of John Rosenthal's expedited hearing to settle the issue with abutters for his Fenway Center Development, but I suppose his word is reasonably close to official. He's updated the project's website and has this to say:

http://fenwaycenter.com/?p=388

I'm guessing some folks here are still going to be skeptical, but my desire to see one of these air-rights developments actually get built makes me want to believe this is moving ahead.

"Sep 13, 2011"

Yeah, no.

Why are they building such a wasteful parking garage...probably never going to see full use....

I'll use it to take some sweet pictures of the skyline

Back