Fenway Center (One Kenmore) | Turnpike Parcel 7, Beacon Street | Fenway

Re: Fenway Center (One Kenmore, Mass Turnpike PARCEL 7)

Needs more filters!

dfQsu.jpg

Edit: Why do my joke posts always end up out of context on the top of a new page?

I expect the project to happen in this order:

1) Building on the right, on solid ground.
2) Building in the middle, decking over the new Yawkey Station.
3) Maybe they'll deck over the Pike and build... maybe...

I don't think this will happen all at once, nor any time soon.

You're forgetting about the garage (hidden behind the tall thing) that as I recall would be among the first elements to go up, in which case it might make sense to build the entire deck all at once.

this looks really good

hopefully once this is built they see how much it helps the street fabric and it pushes other projects forward like a new columbus ave proposal.

u mean the mechanical floor

Freaking typical. A relatively bold design gets replaced by crap as the project starts moving forward.

Even then, what's it really going to look like. Too much bait and switch in developments. I'm wonder how much the architect is sometimes in cahoots with the developer to pull the wool over our eyes.

Look on the bright side: Even if its an ugly building, there's plenty of highway to build over later on.

Be interesting to see if they end up putting a Wrigley Field neighborhood grandstand on the roof of the 8 story building in conjunction with some sort of restaurant.

I had to chuckle at this line:

“If you are the Red Sox and you are landlocked, so to speak, anytime a property adjacent to the stadium becomes available you have to buy it, even if you don’t have any immediate uses for it,” Ganis said. “It’s both an offensive move to expand and a defensive move to prevent competing businesses from moving in.”

Anyone worried about someone starting up an MLB franchise in that lot? I get that it makes sense for the team to want to have as much control over whats going on around them, but I'm really curious what a 'competing business' would be in this context.

In 15 years Kemore and the Fenway will be fully developed into dense vibrant urban spaces seamlessly connecting the Back Bay to the Longwood Medical Area and Brookline beyond except for the lots adjacent to Fenway Park. Those will remain stuck in the 1960s, criminally decrepit, underutilized, and blatantly catering to the wicked awesome supahfan suburban tourists.

I bet you a coke that the BRA will then give the Sox ownership a major tax credit for operating in a 'blighted' area. Despite the surrounding streets being worth a mint from all the other new developments and the 'blight' being self inflicted by the property owner.

so basically nothing new here. if it can't even start in this current boom i'd put it as a pipe dream/developer troll.

Back