Fenway Center (One Kenmore) | Turnpike Parcel 7, Beacon Street | Fenway

I am no engineer, but I would think that that the developers of this project knew that the train rolls next to the building and that the MA Pike is also next door and that they designed for vibrations and noise.

The complete project as approved is one of my favorite in the City.

The Highrise is getting built.... the Highrise is getting built (thinking positive)....

The tooth fairy is real...the tooth fairy is real.....

I am no engineer, but I would think that that the developers of this project knew that the train rolls next to the building and that the MA Pike is also next door and that they designed for vibrations and noise.

I disagree. Look at how most new residential construction is built with paper-thin walls. By the time youre lying in bed struggling to sleep because the toddler in the bedroom above you is running back and forth (why does the toddler sound like bowling balls) and the neighbors are watching Inception at max bass...it's too late, the developer is sipping a pina colada in Jamaica.

I disagree. Look at how most new residential construction is built with paper-thin walls. By the time youre lying in bed struggling to sleep because the toddler in the bedroom above you is running back and forth (why does the toddler sound like bowling balls) and the neighbors are watching Inception at max bass...it's too late, the developer is sipping a pina colada in Jamaica.

This building is steel and concrete. No way you'll hear a toddler running above you.

This building is steel and concrete. No way you'll hear a toddler running above you.

I lived in one of the Longfellow Towers. It took quite a lot to hear anything happening above me. Music would have to be VERY, VERY loud for me to hear it, normal walking was imperceptible, but high heels on hardwood and the heavy impact of a toddler running on their heels were definitely noticeable.

You can absolutely hear the pounding of a toddler running above through a typical steel-decked/concrete poured floor structure.

Admittedly, this matters more if you're trying to sleep.
Further, carpet (above) and ceiling configuration (below) are variables.

It is uncanny how the specific mechanics of toddler running can propagate like crazy.

I passed through here this weekend and was (stupidly) surprised at how much this is filling in the view from Riverside Station and when walking up Jersey Street. Moreover, I'm REALLY interested in how this is going to be treated at street level, especially at the entrance to Yawkey Station (or whatever it'll be renamed to).

^^ frankly i would love to know how many places we can put up buildings with no street level anything. Just giving people places to call home, from 7 stories up to 45 Worthington Street (GOAT proposed neighborhood crown). Perfectionism is over-rated--especially when you lack Manhattan/ Ft. Lee/ Union City scale density.

Its gonna look like this.

fit

1_FenwayCenter.jpg

FenwayCenter-3.jpg

^^ frankly i would love to know how many places we can put up buildings with no street level anything. Just giving people places to call home, from 7 stories up to 45 Worthington Street (GOAT proposed neighborhood crown). Perfectionism is over-rated--especially when you lack Manhattan/ Ft. Lee/ Union City scale density.

But we do have the population density of Manhattan in this particular spot. Take a look at the bottom right map here:

density_multies.jpg

This pocket of Boston might be the densest part of the city outside the North End and Beacon Hill. There's zero reason to ever not have ground floor retail in the center of the urban core.

Are there still any future phases anticipated with decking? Or was all that just fantasy?

Anticipated, yes. Nothing has changed so far as far as that being the plan.

Yea as of now its still on, there has been no cancellation/on hold...etc, but that being said nothing in recent history shows it will happen. At some point that has to change though and hopefully the pike parcels are a sign of changing times...so well see. Probably not though, but as of now no status change has happened, so “officially” yes there are anticipated future phases.

Unofficially... who tf knows, but if the viola does break ground and start going up like its scheduled to thats a good sign at the very least. Viola was just recently amended and the Mass ave street wall made slightly taller, so there is movement. Its slated to start in 2019... if that thing gets going the chances definitely go up.

The shorter portion looks just about topped out, the taller has another floor or two to go:

K0kcF0Gh.jpg

^
This is shaping up to be a more significant project than I expected (meaning, than I expected without the Pike portion).

Back