Fenway Center (One Kenmore) | Turnpike Parcel 7, Beacon Street | Fenway

Was in the Fenway today and I snapped a few pics but for some reason, all the pictures that I tried uploading are coming out crooked.

The complete project as approved is one of my favorite in the City.

The Highrise is getting built.... the Highrise is getting built (thinking positive)....

Then add the 5 soon to be 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 or so parcels in Kenmore (incl Lansdowne St) to be developed

It's pretty good.

Steel on this is up about two stories above grade on the Ortiz side, one story on the Beacon St side. If everything keeps going at this rate it'll be topped out before spring, especially now that they've got two tower cranes going.

From the Yawkey station platform connector bridge:

UHFDaXXh.jpg

Don't sleep on this project.

Steel is now up three full floors above ground level on the Beacon St side, and there are still NINE more floors (plus a mechanical penthouse / roofdeck) to go! It's also going to have a ton of retail for its location.

I think phase I of this project is going to have a much bigger impact on the Fenway's (already great) density than a lot of people are giving it credit for... Even if the later phases never happen, this is still a substantial project in its own right.

The vibrations from trains rumbling right under this structure are going to be bad.

Will they? Everything that passes through this station stops except for one daily Lake Shore Limited in each direction, plus all of the track is basically brand new from when they built the proper station there. I feel like the heavy trucks on the Pike blasting through at 60+ would actually be more bothersome than the trains that will mostly crawl through.

^^Those '50s throwback vibrations will remind them they're in the City.
After a couple of weeks–they'll sleep right through it.

From the Yawkey station platform connector bridge:

UHFDaXXh.jpg

Don't sleep on this project.

Steel is now up three full floors above ground level on the Beacon St side, and there are still NINE more floors (plus a mechanical penthouse / roofdeck) to go! It's also going to have a ton of retail for its location.

I think phase I of this project is going to have a much bigger impact on the Fenway's (already great) density than a lot of people are giving it credit for... Even if the later phases never happen, this is still a substantial project in its own right.

Seems like it already changes your perception of the area when you're driving on the pike there

Back