Fenway Infill and Small Developments

Re: 839 Beacon Street | Fenway/Audubon Circle

C's underground at this point. Would be better to just walk to Kenmore if you were headed inbound from this location.

Yep. That comment was in reference to my stated desire for Beacon Street to have more low-slung taxpayers replaced with denser, urban developments to Cleveland Circle.

Today I learned that while there is a way to add a poll to a thread, there is apparently no way to delete a poll from thread. Interesting.

I like it, please build tons more of these types of buildings.

I love that facade. +1 on height, but no sweat if we can't get height here. Plenty of other spaces nearby to redevelop for more density...as long as we don't end up with so much parking as to offset any increase in density...

I like it, please build tons more of these types of buildings.

+1. Towers are great but if dozens of these start popping up every year thats going to really make an impact on housing for the average joe, which is where its needed most.

I think it is too easy to forget that Paris is mostly five to ten story buildings and holds 2 million people in an area the size of Boston which just shows how much space Boston really has without even needing that many tall towers. Not that I am opposed to tall buildings but we don't need every new proposal to have at least 20 floors getting tons of four to ten story buildings like in South Boston also makes a huge impact as well.

I'm a big fan of the 5-10 story Parisian model. I want lots of towers downtown and along the spine, and I want lots of buildings like this one as we move further out. It can step down as we get further away, but even the outlying neighborhoods should have 3-5 story apartment buildings lining arterials.

We were just in Paris last September. There are surprisingly quite a few towers in Paris just not in the older, central city.

When is the Muddy River project supposed to be completed?

Phase 1, which is the daylighting of this area and the Upper Fens (a few blocks south), is scheduled to be done at the end of Summer. Most of the heavy construction has been completed and a lot of the remaining work is dredging/planting.

We were just in Paris last September. There are surprisingly quite a few towers in Paris just not in the older, central city.

Atlantaden -- there are really only two towers with the city limits of Paris

la Tour Eiffel -- of course
and
la Tour Maine-Montparnasse -- often considered the mistake

and since a five hundred years earlier -- La Tour Saint Jacques
squarte_st-jc.jpg

some churches have towering steeples and such and there a couple of modern bureaucratic boxes over by the Bibliothèque Nationale de France [National Library]

all of the rest are in suburban districts such as La Defense
Paris_La_D%C3%A9fense_seen_from_Tour_Saint_Jacques_2013-08.JPG

Phase 1, which is the daylighting of this area and the Upper Fens (a few blocks south), is scheduled to be done at the end of Summer. Most of the heavy construction has been completed and a lot of the remaining work is dredging/planting.

They may be a bit behind schedule; I went in to the Visitor's Center to ask precisely about this just as a community meeting to discuss this was getting underway (I couldn't stay). The guy running the meeting said that the temporary fencing materials would probably be removed in October.

Atlantaden -- there are really only two towers with the city limits of Paris

la Tour Eiffel -- of course
and
la Tour Maine-Montparnasse -- often considered the mistake

and since a five hundred years earlier -- La Tour Saint Jacques
squarte_st-jc.jpg

some churches have towering steeples and such and there a couple of modern bureaucratic boxes over by the Bibliothèque Nationale de France [National Library]

all of the rest are in suburban districts such as La Defense
Paris_La_D%C3%A9fense_seen_from_Tour_Saint_Jacques_2013-08.JPG

---

ArchParis.org?

The recent informative posts regarding the daylighting of the Muddy River in this thread about Fenway development are great. It would be a shame to lose that discussion.

-----

Back